Weighted Clubs Revisited: What COULD they be good for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to thinking about weighted clubs, like the Momentus, and began to wonder whether or not they could be helpful with learning to snap the kinetic chain. I realize that these things are no good at increasing clubhead speed, and Brian has said the only thing he's found them useful for is increasing flexibility (and that it's probably not the best way to do that, either).

I'm thinking, however, that with a weighted club you are encouraged (but not forced) to let the club "swing across your left leg" more in the downswing. One would use it in a drill, and consciously have to make half-speed swings.

I'm postulating that learning to let a heavier club "pull your arms and body to the finish" could really be beneficial. I'm interested to hear what you all think. Everyone's opinions welcome, but Brian, Jim, Kevin, etc. are more than encouraged to chime in :D.

Brian has said heavier clubs are good for youngsters learning to 'swing' a golf club. More weight to pull on/feel.

If a weighted club can teach you anything I'd presume this is it.

The lack of clubhead and ability to hit balls with it (or at least a lot of these trainers) has gotta be an issue tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.