What does the new release mean for the underplaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwat

New
So for all of us who have too much axis tilt and are underplane with our hands way behind our bodies, do we practice this same fiddle motion from the top?

I feel like if I can get the transition right from the backswing then my hands and arms already do the correct release.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
It means you won't be underplane anymore.

Underplane is caused by taking the hands toward the target and the club reverse tumbling under.

Jwat

New
Damn, I hope so. Just working on the fiddle move inside and it is really difficult for me.

Do you guys think that being across the line on the backswing makes it easier to initiate that move?

Read post # 68 on the release forum. The fiddle move should not feel inside at all. It should feel like you are pushing away not inside.

Jwat

New
I wasn't saying anything about pushing inside on the DS. I was stating that I am practicing the swing indoors/inside. But my question is on being more across the line on the BS because for me it seems easier to push away and create the arc on the DS.

Wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing that?

Sorry about that man didn't understand that at first. You shouldn't try to get more across the line to make it work. I was actually hitting them farther the last two days with a 3/4 swing than a full swing. Keep in mind with out a good down swing pivot there will be nothing to push against.

Jwat

New
Makes sense, need to lose alot of my excessive axis tilt. I will try the 3/4 swing, the only problem is when I try and stop my backswing short I don't get a very good shoulder turn.

Look up Brian's crossing guard drill. I have actually put it in my preshot routine don't care what people think Ill eventually stop doing it. The backswing length is dictated by how far you pivot. If you max out your pivot your left shoulder should be inline with your right hip. Brian has this pictured if you google it. To take a shorter swing don't pivot as far. Get the crossing gaurd drill dialed in then limit the length of it to shorten your swing. At least that is how I've been doing it.

Jwat

New
Yea I am quite familiar with this drill. BManz showed it to me during one of my lessons. I can do the drills and they help. But when it comes down to actually hitting the ball, my arms overtake the BS which limits my pivot. It is mostly my right arm and shoulder blocking my left from moving back correctly.

After reading this and the 'release' thread it seems to lend even more credence to the various moves great players do in the transition. Specifically the layoffs, drops, and shifts that take place before they go to the ball. All of these moves are 'not toward the ball' so to speak. Am I understanding that correctly?

leon

New
For me it certainly helps in feeling less ball bound and takes away the impulse to hit at the ball. I felt more free and relaxed. And as king of the flippers, I didn't flip it much worse (although not much better either).

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
After reading this and the 'release' thread it seems to lend even more credence to the various moves great players do in the transition. Specifically the layoffs, drops, and shifts that take place before they go to the ball. All of these moves are 'not toward the ball' so to speak. Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes..

Jwat

New
Okay what do you guys think? I hit the ball pretty solid. I definitley was hitting everything alot higher. Especially my driver which wasn't a good thing.

ZAP

New
That is possibly the only range in the world where you have to watch for traffic. Remember playing football in the street? CAR!

Jwat

New
Ha, thats pretty funny. I haven't seen that clip in a while. Suprisingly there are only 4 houses in my neighborhood and only 1 house has people live there full time. They definitley know to look before they haul butt past my house.

And believe me that STOP sign has taken a beating. I have had days where I thought I about knocked it down.

Jwat

New
So what do you guys suggest I do about my lower body on the DS. It gets so damn far out in front of the ball, it kills my consistancy. It also looks like on the BS move ass moves toward the target. Is anyone seeing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.