What Kind of Release is this? & Can an effective swing include no deceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Not DT. Not Zach.

But here is a frame after impact, and one further along than that.....

TWOmore.jpg

Not a flipper.....left wrist STILL FLAT.

Before you guys guess it correct, the point of all of this is simple:

You can't really classify anything with video. Miserable Casio video.

The release is every complex, and without 6 degree of freedom 3D, and a scientist who can back out the forces and torques, all you have is silly names from a lot of seems as if with an agenda.

Well they did use the casio ex-f1 to measure plasma emission . Seems to me that a "simple" golf swing is within the reach of the technical capabilities it has.

Experiments were conducted on the small tokamak GOLEM located in Prague, Czech Republic [12]. The typical length of a plasma discharge is 15 ms, it is sufficiently long for usage of our HS camera. The configurations of the cameras described before allows usage of rolling shutter effect to improve remarkably time resolution of these cameras. Read
out time is 125000 rows/s, it means almost 125000 samples of plasma light per second. But shortest exposure time is 1/40000 s and therefore the observed results are averaged over at least three rows.

They however did use two camera's, seems they knew how to use them correctly .............:rolleyes:

Let's simplify this. Cameras cannot measure forces. Motion sensors can't measure forces (as far as I know). Radar systems can't measure forces. All they do is record where everything went and at what speed. If you have enough advanced cameras strategically placed, you can determine in 3D where everything went and at what speed.

Surely there is a point of diminishing returns whereby spending increasing amounts of money to determine in increasingly miniscule detail where everything went becomes increasingly pointless in relation to teaching golf. We already fekin know where everything goes!

3D motion sensors are not the answer and IMO they will become white elephants to all but the most impressionable victims of marketing. Why use a 100K system to find out a little bit more than you can for 200 bucks? Scientists excluded of course.

If on the other hand there was a way to measure forces, that would be the solution we are looking for. But that's not coming for a few years. I think I'll wait before investing my skins.

Not DT. Not Zach.

But here is a frame after impact, and one further along than that.....

TWOmore.jpg

Not a flipper.....left wrist STILL FLAT.

Before you guys guess it correct, the point of all of this is simple:

The release is every complex, and without 6 degree of freedom 3D, and a scientist who can back out the forces and torques, all you have is silly names from a lot of seems as if with an agenda.

That's why Voldemort couldn't figure out your post! He's never, ever looking at the unseen forces. Of course, a drive/hold release will eventually be defined as a release without any driving or holding of anything. Just watch! There are so many micro moves that every form of release is covered as "theirs."

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Not only can he not figure it out, but the 7 other people he poses as cant figure anything out either. It's a bitch when your power goes out and you accidentally lose a bunch of forum members. Oops!!

Hmmmm....

I could be wrong but doesn't the many guesses in this thread, guesses of golfers with quite different swing characteristics, prove BM's point?

Well they did use the casio ex-f1 to measure plasma emission . Seems to me that a "simple" golf swing is within the reach of the technical capabilities it has.

They however did use two camera's, seems they knew how to use them correctly .............:rolleyes:

Are they measuring linear motion or circular motion Frans; 2d or 3d?

Status
Not open for further replies.