What really closes the clubface?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it body rotation during the downswing? Is it active rotation of the hands? Or, is it a combination of both?

*Bending the left wrist? Now you have peaked my curiosity :).

And, what kind of vehicle is that in your avatar?

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
*Bending the left wrist? Now you have peaked my curiosity :).

And, what kind of vehicle is that in your avatar?

Bending the left wrist=throw away. That's why there is an asterisk.

The avatar is a gyro-plane. That one specifically is a gyrobee (model) I am in the process of building one.

Okay, now I understand. Bent left wrist will close the clubface, but the wrong way to do it.

I have about 4000 hours in various aircraft, but nothing like that. Stay Safe!

That one specifically is a gyrobee (model) I am in the process of building one.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you build one with a horizontal stabilizer. I don't want to see you fall out of the sky. I've read too many stories about guys falling from the sky in designs that do not have a horizontal stab. I was going to build a tukan, but now I'm planning on building an air trike to fly around the north Georgia mountains.

Stay SAFE.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you build one with a horizontal stabilizer. I don't want to see you fall out of the sky. I've read too many stories about guys falling from the sky in designs that do not have a horizontal stab. I was going to build a tukan, but now I'm planning on building an air trike to fly around the north Georgia mountains.

Stay SAFE.

Yes, will definitely have an adequate horizontal stab to take care of the PPO problem. But actually, the BEE is a near center line thrust gyro. It measures out to 1 to 2 inches above COG because of the tall mast. I have the plans and have been doing a tremendous amount of research. Still might build a Dominator. Might also go with a PPC (Powered Parachute), but you are limited to when you can fly them. Of all the 'ultralights' the gyro is the most stable in all weather conditions. Most accidents with gyros have been with the RAF 2000 model (High Thrust Line) and no horizontal stab to offset it.
Thank you for your concern. I won't do anything that I think isn't safe.

Yes, will definitely have an adequate horizontal stab to take care of the PPO problem. But actually, the BEE is a near center line thrust gyro. It measures out to 1 to 2 inches above COG because of the tall mast. I have the plans and have been doing a tremendous amount of research. Still might build a Dominator. Might also go with a PPC (Powered Parachute), but you are limited to when you can fly them. Of all the 'ultralights' the gyro is the most stable in all weather conditions. Most accidents with gyros have been with the RAF 2000 model (High Thrust Line) and no horizontal stab to offset it.
Thank you for your concern. I won't do anything that I think isn't safe.

GOOD!!! ENJOY

Now I'm interested in gyros again:)

trike or gyro... I dunno. Maybe both.

Status
Not open for further replies.