What swing flaws do you fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What swing flaws seem to creep back into your swing and are not "felt" until someone points them out to you or you see them on video?

For me its usually:
Over acceleration
"swaying" forward instead of pivoting
Grip gets too strong
Mixing patterns that are not compatible

I had no idea how underplane (backswing) I was for a very long time.

Also my twitching disease.....much like Sergio Garcia. (but doesn't go on nearly as long as he did) No idea almost all the time.

swinging too far to the right
weakish left hand grip
Inconsistant pivot
Inconsistant flipping
etc, etc, etc, etc :)

Hey but I can roll the rock!

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I can chip, pitch and putt very well too! A lot of times it is my only saving grace. My swing inconsistencies are not completing the backswing and then being to quick from the top, so you get a double whammy, with a high right forearm into impact. Short and quick....makes for terrible lovers and golfers.

If I focus on completing the backswing and "throwing the javelin" underhanded toward the target I can get it back on track

At times, underplane on backswing. Couple that with a stronger than Manzella neutral grip...usually makes me hold-on a bit (Angle Hinge) with my swinging type movement....

Mental

Trying to kill the ball, I do great on the practice range and on the first 5 or so holes then i get over confident and stop my preshot routine...goes downhill from there.

Hitting it fat. T

he worst is I don't even know why it happened? My practise swing at full strength is perfect. But when I step up and address the ball and hit, my divot ended behind the ball and I hit a deep divot. The practise swing and actual swing are different as my friends tell me.

It's getting better though.
cheers.

If your clubface is fine (i.e. not too open) u need to fix your flip. You have to find a way to move that whole power package forward.........and the low point out past the ball. "Drop and pivot" has been great for me. "Shake the sugar" as Brian says. "All in Flipper" if u haven't seen it.

If u start hitting left more than usual u are losing your axis tilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.