What to believe in the swing anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Learn to wallop the ball with your pivot" - Manzella

Does this still apply? Seems like we are being told that everything we have been taught in the past has been shown to be invalid with Trackman?

Not really sure what I should be focusing on to get better. Last year pretty much just used the wallop the ball with the pivot and had pretty good results.

P.S I took a lesson with Bman about 5 years ago and was taught twistaway. Dont need as much twistaway now because I thought my swing has gotten better.

Any suggestions on how to improve and learn if no access to the Trackman device?

The Pivot is used to create speed...and to assist your arms, hands and club with creating the proper D Plane for the selected shot.

Anything else is just fluff.

-birdie_man AKA BRIAN MANZELLA LOL ;)

(plagerism)

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
You still need a pivot and can never have too good a pivot. Trackman is a mesuring tool for the golf club/ball interaction. Use an effective pivot combined with trackman plane/face analysis and you will get the most out of your pivot.

For example a great pivot with an open face or inside out path will loose distance and power.

What is you ball flight now after the twistaway?

The Pivot is used to create speed...and to assist your arms, hands and club with creating the proper D Plane for the selected shot.

Anything else is just fluff.

-birdie_man

(plagerism)

To me, this seems exactly correct! I think a good swing starts with a correct, dynamic pivot. Higher handicappers seem to get in all kinds of trouble trying to generate speed incorrectly due to their poor pivots. The results are that they wreck their D Plane - both the path and the face.

Alex Morrison on the pivot: "The winding up is a progressive process that starts in the center and proceeds outward to the other parts successfully. The center of the body, the back, the shoulders, the arms, the hands, the shaft of the club, and the clubhead – that’s the line-up from the hub of the wheel to the rim; and there must be no slack, no buckling, no looseness in any of the parts as they revolve. Only by winding up the body to its fullest, then releasing the accumulated force in an expanding motion like the uncoiling of a spring can a golf club be swung easily, accurately, and with maximum power."

Status
Not open for further replies.