Who do you like today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Not with that putting stroke. Needs some work with someone who has a clue about putting. Great to see Tiger win. Kudos to Foley. Tiger had a lot of control of his entire game.

Not with that putting stroke. Needs some work with someone who has a clue about putting. Great to see Tiger win. Kudos to Foley. Tiger had a lot of control of his entire game.

I take it you are referring to Els's putting stroke. Yeah, It's a bummer he can't get that sorted out.

What do you see in his putting stroke specifically?

Guess it was just a matter of time before the most dominant golfer on the planet won again...

362832-yani-t-yani-tseng.jpg

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I take it you are referring to Els's putting stroke. Yeah, It's a bummer he can't get that sorted out.

As much as love watching him swing, as a ball striker I always felt he was very over rated. He showed it again today with so many average to loose shots. I always had a sense he was so much better of an athlete than the field that he overcame technical flaws with rhythm and athleticism. Great short game, bunker play. Used to make a ton of 15 footers.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator

Speed in transition, steering, belly putter issues, normal signs of a yip stroke. Technically, he needs to watch a lot of tape of his stroke from Oakmont '94, hit tons of 3,4, 5, and 6 footers, and isolate himself and become a mean SOB on the greens.

As much as love watching him swing, as a ball striker I always felt he was very over rated. He showed it again today with so many average to loose shots. I always had a sense he was so much better of an athlete than the field that he overcame technical flaws with rhythm and athleticism. Great short game, bunker play. Used to make a ton of 15 footers.

I can't disagree. I never remember him being a great "stats player", don't remember him being high in GIR or total driving.

I think he's battled a super lagged, rolled release over the years.

A lot of handle draggers develop the chipping or putting yips at some point.

Speed in transition, steering, belly putter issues, normal signs of a yip stroke. Technically, he needs to watch a lot of tape of his stroke from Oakmont '94, hit tons of 3,4, 5, and 6 footers, and isolate himself and become a mean SOB on the greens.

Easy needs to ditch the belly. He pulled 80% of his putts, the others he made my bet is he pushed them. Doesnt seem like he follows through up the target line at all. He'd be better off with a long putter if he cant get back to the magic of his stroke at Oakmont. One of you guys should call him... He looks defeated on the greens (i know the look and the feel all too well).

btp

New
Ernie needs to learn how to release the belly putter and let his left wrist break down a little. Watch Webb putt and Bradley putt and you will see a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.