Working the ball challenge....One Club + Putter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, who's with me?

Let's have a one club contest plus your putter. A couple of you guys out there may have time.

Rules

Course length 6200 or longer at sea level and 6500 plus at elevation.

I may get a round in this week and I'll do it with my six or seven iron at Tetherow, which btw, is a fun but mean sob.

My only concern would be a pot bunker or having to flop a ball. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too bad.

Based on the thread working "game improvement clubs" http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/golfing-discussions/12569-working-game-improvement-irons.html

That sounds fun. Never done it before but I'm in.

Not sure if I should us a higher club to allow for better short game stuff or play a longer iron and try to position myself more carefully to avoid flops etc.

Mike...Tom...what's Tom talking about?

I'm in - let's do it for the Gipper (whatever that means). 6 or 7 iron sounds logical. I'm guessing it'll be as much about course management as working the ball with my "shovels".

You guys are gonna kick my rear end, but what the hell, I'm in. I'll try and get it in today or tomorrow. I'm using a 6.

i'd go for an 8 iron. i can deloft the heck out that thing and get it goin a decent distance. plus its got enough loft for me to do things with it

I played with a new member today, so I didn't think the one club would have made a good impression:) Besides, they like to see the driver mashed on the five pars.

Iseek, you are right Tetherow is a links and the ball can go a mile if you flight the ball properly, but the bunkers can tear you a new one and a six or seven iron will be treading.

Y'all need to come play it. Special Manzella discount! Anyone over 1000 posts can play for free and I'll buy the beers.

I played with a new member today, so I didn't think the one club would have made a good impression:) Besides, they like to see the driver mashed on the five pars.

Iseek, you are right Tetherow is a links and the ball can go a mile if you flight the ball properly, but the bunkers can tear you a new one and a six or seven iron will be treading.

Y'all need to come play it. Special Manzella discount! Anyone over 1000 posts can play for free and I'll buy the beers.

Boooooo
I got 925 more post to go :( I brought your Tour Striker. It should be Manzella + Tour Striker discount.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I'm in.

I have done it before, and played a hole or two like that recently.

I just need the time....

I'd like to video it.

Great for your game.

Went out today with the club fitter at my local club with just my 6 iron and the SW. Played 9 holes in under 55 which is similar to my score with 13 clubs.

However, my partner came back with a 42 and if 'I can figure out how to chip on cow grass' he would have came in under par. All he had was a 4 iron and no putter.

I really learn a lot from today's 9 holes than all those year of playing (or attempting to play) and it's gonna be a weekly fixture if I can make the time.

:D

tfro

New
I've played matchplay that way, but where the winner picks the club for the next hole. Driver on a par 3 over water proved to be a real challenge (of no real merit though).

The muni's in Atlanta used to have a tournament with something like this. Although it may have been 3 clubs. Some decent scores would be turned in.

Status
Not open for further replies.