You're at the top..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your hips and back are turned. You're concentrating on not tugging. You're going to rotate that coupling point.

What are your first move and second moves?

a) arm drop away from the target and then torque the club end over end (means that the grip stays roughly parallel to the target line in space)

b) arm drop away from the target and then torque the club end over end but also side over side toward the target line?

c) something cool I've never heard of?

Hard to put 3d moves in writing so I did my best. I guess I'm wondering if most folks are purely torqueing in a straight line at first or if they are torqueing and tumbling right out of the gates.

How 'bout this.......from the top, pull the grip along as forcefully as you can to a point which will guarantee that the shaft hasn't passed your left arm by impact..............THEN, rotate the handle around your hands as fast as you can. Remember, feel and real are two different things.

How 'bout this.......from the top, pull the grip along as forcefully as you can to a point which will guarantee that the shaft hasn't passed your left arm by impact..............THEN, rotate the handle around your hands as fast as you can. Remember, feel and real are two different things.
So handle drag and try to save it with your hands?

My take would go like this,
a) My friend is clubhead velocity, Therefore arms must go down as fast as they will go. And from the very top torgue the hands outwards as much as you can to widen the swing ( actually the clubhead will want to jackknife inwards towards your shoulder ).

So handle drag and try to save it with your hands?

Yeah, you're right. Just flip it with the wrists right from the top. No pivot. No arm swing. Get that shaft way past your left arm at impact. And you really want that nice "chicken wing" look to the left arm right after impact.

Yeah, you're right. Just flip it with the wrists right from the top. No pivot. No arm swing. Get that shaft way past your left arm at impact. And you really want that nice "chicken wing" look to the left arm right after impact.

Not necessarily true. Depends on the golfer.

My swing thought from the top is: Quick pull with arms from the top while keeping my shoulders square to the target line, when I feel my right elbow getting on my rib cage I hit with my hands (straighten right wrist/bend the left wrist) as hard as I can while still trying to keep my shoulders square to the target line. I have struggled with tugging and over using my pivot so trying to not use my pivot at all helps; just let it support my movements NOT create the swing movements. Also, I start the hit with hands feeling earlier with the longer clubs and later with short clubs. One thing I found out is if I half heartily hit with the hands I can hit some fat shots but if I fully commit and hit all the way through the shot I don't hit them fat. Trying to keep the shoulders square to the target for as long as I can really helped me not tug.

I like right elbow leads the way to help shallow the shaft then keep the butt of the club following the belt line around for good hand path. Apply outward force on clubface the whole time, but don't over do it the tumble should feel like the torque ramps up. When the club approaches impact pull the handle towards you as hard as possible while keeping it tight to your left hip following the belt up and around.
I think by keeping the butt of the handle following the belt you can really get the handle rotating fast. The clubhead will freewheel post impact and pull the arms into a good extended finish. Or just wack the thing.

lia41985

Stay loaded into right hip as arms fall back down onto body, swing shoulders under arms as freely as possible, find where ball went, and walk. Next shot.

My first and only thought is to fire the clubhead through the ball. My natural inclination is to pull really hard with the left hand, so I try not to feel any armswing at all on the downswing, just the clubhead moving around my hands. More speed, better contact, and way less post-impact chicken-winging for me this way.

lia41985

2mr70p5.png

2eq575u.png

21e7x8k.png

2lxgy84.png

34952jb.png

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/36869055?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="700" height="394" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.