Zeroing out by yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... you can't afford a personal trackman, and there isn't one available nearby to rent time on.... and Manzella isn't in town...

How does one go about zeroing yourself out? Plane board / towel drill? Triangle box outside the line?

I'm almost imagining we need some kind of "Trackman for the Average Joe" solution here...

ej20

New
Look at your divots and ball flight.Where your divots point and how deep they are together with your ball flight will tell you almost everything you need to know.Of course a trackman will give you more accurate figures.

You can't take a trackman with you out on the course but this you can.

westy

New
youre screwed. travel.
once you get on a machine, you can calibrate yourself. until then, you are trusting your own perception and others perception, which is often skewed by many things.
i also need some average joe solution.
cept i wanna stockmarket thingy.
or even better a thing that picks the winner of the next race at ellerslie....")

I think you need to get on a trackman or flightscope locally to get an idea of what your ball flight looks like and what your swing feels like when you are zero'd out. At that point you should be able to be reasonably close.
For myself ball flight and divot tell the story pretty accurately.

Would you not be zero'd out with a dead-straight ball? If so, don't you just have to work on what produces that by working on path and face?

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I would guess ballflight? I almost don't see the point of practicing the full swing without Trackman, but I do it anyway. If I am hitting it where I am looking, I assume I'm ok.

ZAP

New
Trackman was for me a valuable tool to lear just how far right(lefty) I had to swing to zero out. Let me tell you it was WAY farther than I thought it would be. I wish there was somewhere near here to rent time on one. I think I might go once a month just to make sure what I think it happening really is. If the ball is going where I want I really do not care much.

youre screwed. travel.
once you get on a machine, you can calibrate yourself. until then, you are trusting your own perception and others perception, which is often skewed by many things.
i also need some average joe solution.
cept i wanna stockmarket thingy.
or even better a thing that picks the winner of the next race at ellerslie....")

Westy is a kiwi ?

oldpro

New
I would guess ballflight? I almost don't see the point of practicing the full swing without Trackman, but I do it anyway. If I am hitting it where I am looking, I assume I'm ok.

Yes and you should know, not assume you are OK. :)
Wishing you continued success Jared

The Pro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.