Is this grip too weak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leon

New
I've been struggling with NSA since I bought the video, I could never get downswing twist or put the club on the movie screen. Have weakened my left hand grip way more than I thought was needed (see below) and it all just fell into place. BUT it feels, and looks (to my untrained eye) super weak. So I'm worried that I've just found a band-aid rather than an upgrade.

So to anyone who knows what they're looking at, does this look o.k or is it too weak and going to cause me problems in the future? And while I'm asking, what about the right hand?

7b3bb1781f2b4420a4517a8dd0d78a0f.jpg

dad6030c8dab4464aaf7b244a6b23dd7.jpg

I've been struggling with NSA since I bought the video, I could never get downswing twist or put the club on the movie screen. Have weakened my left hand grip way more than I thought was needed (see below) and it all just fell into place. BUT it feels, and looks (to my untrained eye) super weak. So I'm worried that I've just found a band-aid rather than an upgrade.

So to anyone who knows what they're looking at, does this look o.k or is it too weak and going to cause me problems in the future? And while I'm asking, what about the right hand?

7b3bb1781f2b4420a4517a8dd0d78a0f.jpg

dad6030c8dab4464aaf7b244a6b23dd7.jpg

Hold the club up in a way to check if the bottom scoring line matches the back of the left hand. That is "Manzella neutral". This angle doesn't tell as much about grip strength because the look can be distorted by higher/lower hand height/other factors. From there I assume you can customize if needed. I've stuck with "Manzella Neutral" so far with good results.

leon

New
Hold the club up in a way to check if the bottom scoring line matches the back of the left hand. That is "Manzella neutral". This angle doesn't tell as much about grip strength because the look can be distorted by higher/lower hand height/other factors. From there I assume you can customize if needed. I've stuck with "Manzella Neutral" so far with good results.

That is how I arrived at this grip, BUT I made sure not the cup the left wrist, which it appears I have done previously when trying to get to Manzella neutral. If anything, I had a little arch in the wrist. I also made sure to put the heel pad on top, although in the pic it doesn't really look like it. I think you're right though, its difficult to tell from the picture, even though I tried to take it from directly in front of my hands.

That is how I arrived at this grip, BUT I made sure not the cup the left wrist, which it appears I have done previously when trying to get to Manzella neutral. If anything, I had a little arch in the wrist. I also made sure to put the heel pad on top, although in the pic it doesn't really look like it. I think you're right though, its difficult to tell from the picture, even though I tried to take it from directly in front of my hands.

Yeah, even in person looking from this angle can be deceiving. I hear that the lower your hands are at setup the stronger the grip looks (more cup in the left wrist) and the opposite for higher hands. I check in a mirror to make sure. It feels pretty weak to have the back of the hand match like that but it is working for me. It's all about customization and having options.

Status
Not open for further replies.