Tiger's massive divot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foley's pattern has Tiger hitting down more by way of the shoulder center being farther past/less behind the ball during collision. Its by design. More "compression" says he and Foley. But....same spinloft.....same compression, regardless of AA. Still, hitting more down could become bigger than ever in 2012 if Tiger starts winning again. The announcers were showing favourability towards it at the P Cup.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Still, hitting more down could become bigger than ever in 2012 if Tiger starts winning again. The announcers were showing favourability towards it at the P Cup.

Great, can't wait to play my local courses with all the wanna be Tigers tearing up the course and the range.

Hmmmm, a golfing genius maybe.

I mean Lee Trevino.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UYPWkOTvnK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: Dropped in the video.

Lee buck even fades his divots! Look at that sucker!

natep

New
I wonder what kind of AoA numbers that shot had. The divot damn near stopped the club in its tracks.

Foley's pattern has Tiger hitting down more by way of the shoulder center being farther past/less behind the ball during collision. Its by design. More "compression" says he and Foley. But....same spinloft.....same compression, regardless of AA. Still, hitting more down could become bigger than ever in 2012 if Tiger starts winning again. The announcers were showing favourability towards it at the P Cup.

Was that tongue in cheek? Or are you serious? Do you have any quotes from Sgt Foley or Pvt Woods?

No, they're talking ball compression............regularly. It flowed from TGM to SnT to Foley to Woods. That's the lineage. But its SO misunderstood. You want max compression? Use the softest ball you can find and a club with 0* loft. Good luck.

Tiger mentioned Trackman and D-plane in his news conference today. He's smarter than most of you guys give him credit for.

ej20

New
Aside from the ridiculous size of the divot,the shape of the divot and the direction it flies is interesting to me.

Now I am not making any definitive assumptions as I can only base it on what I see in the video but it appears on this swing he is actually swinging right and not left like he seems to attempt.I say this because if you look closely at the shape of the divot it actually starts pointing right at impact and then abruptly turns left soon after.The divot flying right is also an indication of the path of the clubhead as it hits the turf.

The sudden turning left of the divot is indicative of his attempt to swing left but the path is still going right at the crucial point which is impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.