Off topic: Texas members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for some good spots to eat in San Antonio and Austin. This will be my first time in the area and would like some suggestions a Texan would be proud to go. I'll have a car and am staying on the Riverwalk, but I'm not scared to travel to avoid starving. :)

I live in Austin but honestly, I don't know much about San Antonio. If you head northwest, you'll find the Texas hill country and it's an incredible hidden jewel. The Salt Lick barbecue is there. It might be out of your way but it's worth it! Also, you should check out Wolfdancer or Grey Rock Golf Club. And if you have a little more time, go ahead and play Crystal Falls Golf Club in Leander. I played it for the first time yesterday and it is the greatest bang for the buck on the planet!!!!

PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number.

CENTEX

I should also add that Lockhart, TX is world-famous for its barbecue. But its scenery isn't nearly as awesome (because it's southeast of Austin). If you go there, check out Kreuz (pronounced Krites) Market or Smitty's.

If you want spectacular scenery, head toward Kerrville or Fredericksburg.

Unfortunately the clubs won't be making this trip.

Our main destination is on the southeast side of Austin, so Lockhart will be in the path of destruction. :)

Unfortunately the clubs won't be making this trip.

Our main destination is on the southeast side of Austin, so Lockhart will be in the path of destruction. :)

Alright, glad you'll be in Central Texas. Just Google the great BBQ near Lockhart. Good to go!

Go to Mi Tierra's. mitierracafe.com You can walk from the river-walk area. If you manage to get to Mi T's, let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.