Jamie S. 6 dof-3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
He is a close up of Jamie's hip rotational AMOUNTS graph....

Folks, go do some math. The two graphs are PERFECT.

dosomemath.gif

art

New
He is a close up of Jamie's hip rotational AMOUNTS graph....

Folks, go do some math. The two graphs are PERFECT.

dosomemath.gif

Brian,

So glad you visited Phil and Steve at AMM to see how very important their equipment has been to understanding the inner workings of the golf swing.

Unfortunately, this post of yours may not contain all the information you intended.

If true, please post it again as I am VERY interested in commenting on this swing, from my research and understanding "inside the kinematic sequence" which I discussed with Phil last year at his office in the Olympics Facility in Chula Vista California.

This WILL be a BANNER YEAR in disclosing how very much science-based golf 'truth' can and will positively affect ALL golfers seeking to improve.

Best regards,
art

A general observation.

It's all very well to say this is IT but shouldn't there be a caveat that it's based on the science and knowledge available at this point in time? I don't think the endpoint is ever reached and who knows what tools will be available in 20 or more years that question or throw into doubt the current thinking.

A general observation.

It's all very well to say this is IT but shouldn't there be a caveat that it's based on the science and knowledge available at this point in time? I don't think the endpoint is ever reached and who knows what tools will be available in 20 or more years that question or throw into doubt the current thinking.

YES

A general observation.

Brian has stated this on several of his videos on vimeo.com

Brian Manzella

Administrator
This is the silliest non-arguement ever.

We've had calls with multiple scientists, biomechanics experts, and we have a couple of more scheduled.

100% say we are right.

We have more calls scheduled today and I will report.

natep

New
It doesn't matter who you talk to, what they say, or what the truth is.

There will always be fringe elements on the micro-forums.

Last edited:
If I'm understanding all this correctly, it's saying you cannot place a line on the belt loop of JS to get the same information? Hmmmmm

I most humbly beg to differ Mike! Galileo timed accelerating objects with his pulse. If it was good enough for GG, a belt loop is good enough for me!!

So why does pelvis rotation increase to and through impact?
1zfpm4o.png

These are derived values and not calculated, correct? How was the data "smoothed" to eliminate "noise"? What reprecussions does that have for sequential deceleration theory? Didn't Ian from Taylor Made dismiss any of the confoundingness to the MATT data, specifically with the thorax numbers, by stating that was just "noise"?

I may be wrong Lia but your comments on "noise filtering" seem to be a bit uninformed.
You seem to imply with your use of the words "noise" and "smoothing" and your quote from Taylor Made that filtering is a sort of voodoo fudge and is not to be trusted because of noise. But I can assure you that any scientist using discrete measurements of any dynamic process will always need to filter the data to gain a full understanding of the underlying state.

I recommend that you contact the makers of this equipment to get a full picture of the filtering process used and especially of the error terms that they achieve. Only then could you come to valid conclusions on the accuracy of the data presented here. Otherwise all the rest is just "noise", so to speak.:)

drew -

The can make iphones from spare parts at RadioShack! Just ask them.

There's never, ever any problem with their technology and line drawing programs! None. Just ask them.

ej20

New
Then why all the hype about Sadlowski decelerating his hips?

IMO,this deceleration happens whether you intend to do it or not.Wasn't there data of average players also decelerating their hips?It ain't like this only happens in elite swings.

All this debate over such a trivial aspect of the swing is truly infantile.

natep

New
Then why all the hype about Sadlowski decelerating his hips?

IMO,this deceleration happens whether you intend to do it or not.Wasn't there data of average players also decelerating their hips?It ain't like this only happens in elite swings.

All this debate over such a trivial aspect of the swing is truly infantile.

I've seen a few graphs of amateurs who dont decel the hips.

Accompanied by an all around screwy looking sequencing graph and low clubhead speed.

KinematicSequenceComparison.jpg

Last edited:
Phil Cheetham's brief discussion on 6/3D capture:

"Scott, the data that Brian is referring to was captured with an AMM 3D system using TPI 3D reports. There is a 6DOF sensor on the hand and one on the elbow (among all the others on the body of course). Before capture we do align the sensors to the anatomical reference frame (local coordinate system) of the upper arm, forearm and hand, by digitizing the appropriate bony landmarks on the elbow, wrist and hand. The sensor data is then run through a 6DOF transform in real-ime during the capture of the swing, to convert the data t from the sensor reference frame into the anatomical reference frame of the golfer. The data is captured at 240Hz, 8 times faster than standard video. The system gets radial/ulna deviation, flexion/extension and pronation/supination every 4.167ms. Hope that helps."

IMO,this deceleration happens whether you intend to do it or not.

My understanding ALL ALONG......human beings with a stick in their hands can't overcome their frailty....even super humans or gold medal award winners or guys who hit it 450 yards......

According to the AMM data, JS's hips are 9* open when he hits his peak angular velocity (650*/sec)......if he were to keep this angular velocity CONSTANT until impact (about .10 seconds later), his hips would be 65* more open - 74* open at impact......alas, JS's hips are only 47* open at impact due to deceleration.....

We rest our case......our case is rested

Status
Not open for further replies.