10-18-A,C

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdog

New
Help me here fellows, since reading post about the different wrist conditions, 10-18-a, 10-18-c, have ben mentioned several times, but in the book looking at the pics the only difference i see is with 10-18-c the wrsit is NOT cocked, and the book states its cocked but with NO turn. The only other differnce i see is the gap between the forarms, where 1 may be in the pitch, the other the punch position.

In 10-18-C, notice that the right elbow has little bend, therefore only a little wristcock. The point is that there is no left wrist turn.

Pro

New
I believe the pics are wrong, I think 10-18d pic is actually 10-18-c and 10-18-c pic is 10-18-d.

Todd

holenone

Banned
quote:Originally posted by Pro

I believe the pics are wrong, I think 10-18d pic is actually 10-18-c and 10-18-c pic is 10-18-d.

Todd
The captions of the Single and Half Left Wrist Action Variations are wrong and should be reversed. This error has a long and persistent history:

The First Edition of TGM appeared in 1969 with an Errata page that contained fourteen errors. The eleventh of these was as follows:

"11. Page 111 Photos 10-18-C & -D are interchanged."

The error was corrected in the second edition (1971) and remained corrected in the third (1975). Inexplicably, it reappeared in the fourth edition (1979) when the photo layouts were changed and went uncorrected in the fifth and sixth editions (1980 and 1982). In his 96 pages of corrections and amplifications slated for the as-yet-unpublished seventh edition, Homer notes that the typeface for the number and caption of paragraph 10-18-C is wrong and also that in the next to last line the word MOTION should be changed to MOVEMENT.

Nevertheless, the photo caption error persists. What to do? Follow Homer's 1969 prescription and manually re-label the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.