20 - 100 yd Pitch Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the last bits of my game that i need to sort out is pitch shots within 100 yds.

My home course has small, fast, elevated greens which are usually surrounded by bunkers. Fairways are tightly mown kikuyu

Basically any pitch shots need to come in with some height to them. The chip and run is an option only on a couple of holes and only if you happen to between bunkers.

For some reason when i have a club with some loft in my hands e.g. SW i end up almost blading the ball over the green. I much prefer the look of a long iron to my eye! as it seems like the clubs with a lot of loft will just slide under the ball particularly because the ball is usually 'sitting up'.

What are the tricks to these shots in terms of setup, execution and practice?

One of the last bits of my game that i need to sort out is pitch shots within 100 yds.

My home course has small, fast, elevated greens which are usually surrounded by bunkers. Fairways are tightly mown kikuyu

Basically any pitch shots need to come in with some height to them. The chip and run is an option only on a couple of holes and only if you happen to between bunkers.

For some reason when i have a club with some loft in my hands e.g. SW i end up almost blading the ball over the green. I much prefer the look of a long iron to my eye! as it seems like the clubs with a lot of loft will just slide under the ball particularly because the ball is usually 'sitting up'.

What are the tricks to these shots in terms of setup, execution and practice?
I think you are flipping. Usually when you slide the club under the ball...that's flipping. i think the easiest way is press forward and use your pivot to pitch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.