2009 Whats everyone working on???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully I am not the only upper midwest golfer stuck in winter mode for many months. Just wondering with all of BMs new info and videos what others are trying?!

Myself:

#1 Backswing pivot. What the first move is. Me ->Ole Im good when Im good, bad........well. Solutions-lag the clubhead and learning about the pivot back, never knew there was such a thing. Better turn. I am fearful of swaying I guess and now pop out.

#2 Flat left wrist, dont want to be good, want to be one of the best (just motivation sorry). Solution mini swings with left wrist and watching the entire time it does not bend the wrong direction............

Kevin Sheild gave me a good starting point, I want to do a lesson with BM someday, but want to get off the dumb level I am at learning about TGM. Kind of like trying to know more about electronics before I buy so I have a clue. Thanks Kevin!

These two goals will take awhile. Basement practice is limited and not equal to evil grass......what is everyone else working on?

http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/golfing-discussions/11226-pop-out-vs-no-pop-out-2.html

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
not much

Building a new deck, patio, carport roof, clay tile roof, framing a second story overhang, re-glazing and painting (yuck) second story windows, running new underground drain pipes, building new shutters, rewiring carport, build new fence around property, help nephew, with his new (flooded) house, frame new walls, install doors and windows, run electrical and plumbing, hang sheet rock (float and tape) lay new wood floors, hang cabinets, install lighting fixtures, install bathroom fixtures, install appliances, paint (yuck)...and putting.

Everything as always.

But most notably:

-hit a better draw (with variance of curve)
-groove/improve the fade
-better ways to do pre-shot and particularly putting pre-shot (aim, etc.)
-better mid-sole pitch
-better distance control

TB said:
Building a new deck, patio, carport roof, clay tile roof, framing a second story overhang, re-glazing and painting (yuck) second story windows, running new underground drain pipes, building new shutters, rewiring carport, build new fence around property, help nephew, with his new (flooded) house, frame new walls, install doors and windows, run electrical and plumbing, hang sheet rock (float and tape) lay new wood floors, hang cabinets, install lighting fixtures, install bathroom fixtures, install appliances, paint (yuck)...and putting.

Eeeek. Brian minus hurricane destruction and terrible contractors...

BTW Tom...

"Don't argue with an idiot...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

(heard this somewhere)

I'm with Kevin and Damon. Thanks to SD I am hitting it..know have to learn to score consistently. Short game matrix video way up on the xmas list.

just out of interest, is it common practice in the US to do these things yourself rather than letting a "professional" do it?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Me too, Kevin.

How are you going to work on this part of your game-drills, practice, amount of precision??

Now that I'm sure I have the under the sweetspot issues cured, I plan on reinforcing that with drills all winter. I have always had a knack for distance control but wedges lacked accuracy (BPS). Now that I know the D-plane applications for my aim, I will work on nothing but staying behind the sweetspot as well as zeroing in on my aim. I have also developed an anti choke, flat/rolled/uncocked punchy type wedge that I would like to perfect.

I also wouldn't mind chipping in every so often like I used to.:rolleyes:

I'm working on:

1) A mostly pure swinging motion.

2) A pattern that doesn't require much practice (easy golf)

3) Perfecting my tight draw.

4) A control game where I dissect the golf course, and never have to depend on my short game.

5) Putting lights out with a side saddle putter.

6) Gambling with the old timers that hit their drivers 240, hit almost every green, and make every putt.

7) Learning how to hit a 200 yard hybrid approach 50 miles high.

8) Life Skills: mental toughness and state management.

9) I might add a chipper.

Last edited:
Now that I'm sure I have the under the sweetspot issues cured, I plan on reinforcing that with drills all winter. I have always had a knack for distance control but wedges lacked accuracy (BPS). Now that I know the D-plane applications for my aim, I will work on nothing but staying behind the sweetspot as well as zeroing in on my aim. I have also developed an anti choke, flat/rolled/uncocked punchy type wedge that I would like to perfect.

I also wouldn't mind chipping in every so often like I used to.:rolleyes:

How did you do it? Everytime I think I have under ss issues beat, I roll out an 85 with 2 or three heel suckers and shaaaaankkkkkk.

I have worked on left side bend, but I lose accuracy trying to play that way all the time. Or I start moving in front of the ball and stick the 7 iron in the ground.

Right now I am working on more of the NHA 2 drill where I am moving my weight to that left heel.

Tom,
And if you had to drop just one item from your list? Let me guess - putting. Good news is when you come back- you'll be hitting it 20 yards further!

TPG

New
I am working on:

1) starting the ball to the right.
2) full shoulder turn
3) keep right heel on the ground longer - I think I have been spinning out a little.
4) keep arms loose at shoulder socket - helps the hands stay on the inside.

I'm working on:

1) A mostly pure swinging motion.

2) A pattern that doesn't require much practice (easy golf)

3) Perfecting my tight draw.

4) A control game where I dissect the golf course, and never have to depend on my short game.

5) Putting lights out with a side saddle putter.

6) Gambling with the old timers that hit their drivers 240, hit almost every green, and make every putt.

7) Learning how to hit a 200 yard hybrid approach 50 miles high.

8) Life Skills: mental toughness and state management.

9) I might add a chipper.

Good list.

#9?

Status
Not open for further replies.