$250,000,000 trojan horse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what climbed out of the trojan horse the U.S. Ryder Cup Association sent Rory (via Nike)... :eek:

18660.jpg

18661.jpg

18662.jpg

images

It's hard to sell golf balls with a number higher than "4" printed on them. Who'd buy a driver with an "8" visible on the face?

So hideous. Would have to paint it matte black. And then I would change the head out.

This is the club that saves everyone on Nike, though:
nike-vr-pro-ltd-edition-driver.jpg

vr_pro_le_driver_crown.jpg

"Any ideas why the back of the club is shaped like that?"

To remove weight from the rearward portion of the head and redistribute it elsewhere.

Man, that one uglee matha! Nike just don't get it. They stoopid.

Look at that swoosh on the heel. ROFL. Covert? Covert joke? Are you kiddin me? I'll stick with something that looks like a golf club.

Dariusz J.

Geez, clubs are getting to be uglier and uglier. The more I look at such an atrocity the more I want to play more with my McGregors from the 60-ies.

Cheers

Geez, clubs are getting to be uglier and uglier. The more I look at such an atrocity the more I want to play more with my McGregors from the 60-ies.

Cheers
It's strange because he used to play only traditional looking clubs. Pear shaped smaller profile woods, blade irons, blade putter. The driver was the first funny looking club he ever really stuck in his bag. He kinda looks out of sorts in the Nike Gear. Even the clothes look odd.

Dariusz J.

It's strange because he used to play only traditional looking clubs. Pear shaped smaller profile woods, blade irons, blade putter. The driver was the first funny looking club he ever really stuck in his bag. He kinda looks out of sorts in the Nike Gear. Even the clothes look odd.

That's a good remark. I am ignorant about the subject of choosing models for leading tour pros -- is it that they are paid big money to play already exisitng model an OEM wants or do players have some freedom of choice when clubs are in the phase of projection ?
I remember when I read in Wishon's book that the pro stars for whom Tom projected clubs had something to say about the final shape of a club.

Cheers

Burner

New
Doesn't matter how fugly folks think these Nike clubs are, this is not the first time Rory has hit them; nor were they made to anyone else's specifications.

I suspect the problems were more in his mind than in his hands. Any other time he could, most likely have shot par or less with my sticks.

Dariusz J.

I suspect the problems were more in his mind than in his hands. Any other time he could, most likely have shot par or less with my sticks.

I agree completely, however...I wonder if he could score around par with my vintage set of clubs. Els and Singh in their prime couldn't lick a course par with old tools.

Cheers

rory didnt miss the cut because of Nike; he stunk up the desert because he got so far under it, he couldnt find grass...Remember the Bobby Jones cabin hook on Sunday at the 2011 Masters? Thats the swing he brought to the desert. Thats his achilles heel, last year he seemed to control it pretty well throuhgh. He's such a great talent though,a Tiger type prodigy...

Dariusz J.

Give them one day if practice and ill take hat bet any day

Have you ever played with old sticks ? While reading your post I am really wondering if some people are exaggerating this way or the other. The best would be if a player of your caliber could play, first, ad hoc, then after one day on the range with old sticks. I am sorry Kev, but I am tired to hear stupid stories that pros could hit better than me with an umbrella.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.