3 wood - equipment recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the market for a new 3 wood. I currently use a Callaway Hawkeye (yes, old school, I know).

I am looking for the a 3 wood that has a deep face (much like the Hawkeye) with a stock shaft that produces a boring ball flight. Any recommendations?

i hear the new cobras are very good and are very forgiving. alos have shafts designed for higher launch.

the ping G10's arealso very good. have alot of shafts that will produce the ball flight your looking for. try to find one with a graffaloy prolaunch blue

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I know a guy....

...who took some lessons this year, who has the ABSOLUTE BEST 3-wood I have ever hit.

It was an Tour Edge EXOCTICS, but i don't remember which model, and it had a V2 shaft.

Just like cheating.

The PING G-10's are great, and the TM Burner from last year is pretty good as well.

The older Sonartecs are very good as well.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. One thing I forgot to mention is that I am left handed so that limits things a little.

...who took some lessons this year, who has the ABSOLUTE BEST 3-wood I have ever hit.

It was an Tour Edge EXOCTICS, but i don't remember which model, and it had a V2 shaft.

Just like cheating.

The PING G-10's are great, and the TM Burner from last year is pretty good as well.

I wonder if that was my pops? He has the Exotics 3 woods (the last 2 years' models I think)

Just like cheating.

I just switched to Tour Edge Exotics CB-2 (I use the 15 degree) this summer and I am astounded at the difference in distance. I have had Titleist and Sonartec in the past. I will not be surprised if I wake up one day and the club is illegal. Seriously, it is that good. Brian's comment about feeling like you are cheating with this club is spot-on. This is the only club in my bag that seems markedly better than its competitors.

I just switched to Tour Edge Exotics CB-2 (I use the 15 degree) this summer and I am astounded at the difference in distance. I have had Titleist and Sonartec in the past. I will not be surprised if I wake up one day and the club is illegal. Seriously, it is that good. Brian's comment about feeling like you are cheating with this club is spot-on. This is the only club in my bag that seems markedly better than its competitors.

I have heard nothing but good things about the exotics series of woods from tour edge, I am really wanting to pick up that driver.

I am left handed, have had last years model Cobra 3 wood, and have been hitting it perfect since I got it about a year ago. great feeling off the face when you hit it, even when you miss hit a tad.

I have heard nothing but good things about the exotics series of woods from tour edge, I am really wanting to pick up that driver.

I am left handed, have had last years model Cobra 3 wood, and have been hitting it perfect since I got it about a year ago. great feeling off the face when you hit it, even when you miss hit a tad.

TOUR EDGE, ONOFF PLUS > *

/THREAD

[MEDIA]http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/MEDIA]

3 wood

I have a ton of 3 woods in my garage that I cycle through and the 2 best I have ever hit are the Cleveland Launcher (from a few years past) and the Bobby Jones (Jessie Ortiz) 3 wood - just my opinion but I have hit a lot of 3 woods. The Tour Edge clubs have a great buzz from their users - may have to check it out.

I got one of the drivers, with a very stiff shaft and it comes 2-3 degrees open. Talk about a club I had trouble getting in the air.

I will say from talking with the person who sold me the fairway metal that consumers seem to love the fairway metals but not as much the drivers. Also, the clubs are very expensive. I'd be careful about buying the driver but recommend the CB-2 fairway metals without hesitation.

driverPlus-main-h1img.jpg

ONOFF DRIVER PLUS, ONOFF

fairwayPlus-main-h1img.jpg

I'm telling you guys, these metal woods are the best out there. If you have a chance go try them, you will feel like you are in heaven.

ironPlus-main-h1img.jpg

that's sex right there.

Last edited:
I got one of the drivers, with a very stiff shaft and it comes 2-3 degrees open. Talk about a club I had trouble getting in the air.

I will say from talking with the person who sold me the fairway metal that consumers seem to love the fairway metals but not as much the drivers. Also, the clubs are very expensive. I'd be careful about buying the driver but recommend the CB-2 fairway metals without hesitation.

sounds like a bad fit on the driver for you...

those onoff clubs are sexy by the way...

Anyone used any of the Royal Collection clubs?...I know they are in a lot of the Asian players bags and they swear by them....(expensive tho!..)...

sounds like a bad fit on the driver for you...

those onoff clubs are sexy by the way...

Yep, I'd like to try the Tour Edge Exotics driver in a more standard stiff shaft. And the open face really brings the ball flight down and makes it hard to hook - I think I'd look into that as a driver if I played links golf or maybe played golf in west Texas.

THe CB2s are great.

Yeah I hit a Tour Edge Exotic hybrid and it WAS HOTTTTT. Too hot if you can believe that. Left bigger gaps than what I wanted. The driver and woods are basically the same, HOT.

Hook

New
It was my 3-wood Brian hit in Louisville. Tour edge exotics xcg....it has a VERY hot head... Brian hit the thing 295-300 with roll...several times in a row...his face was priceless...lol!!! I have the five wood now too...it is hot as well...I changed the shaft in the 3-wood to the Voodoo, and now it is long and smooooth I like it a lot better than the V2! Tried the driver (with several different shafts and lofts, but never liked it) Never tried the on-off brand, but I have heard great things about it....Epon Af-101 is a very nice driver if your into Japanese brands...changed the shaft to a whiteboard Brian, ball flight is much longer and lower now! (Both of us hit it really high with lots of backspin with a Graphite Design MD-7)

Morgan Hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.