4 Iron DTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the poor quality guys, I'm using an iphone for this. Ball flight pretty much stock fade, about 5-8 yds. Getting good compression and good distance and it seems that the low hooks are gone that accompanied my last swing video. All comments welcome.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/558-yydTzvs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/558-yydTzvs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks nice Neil, if anything I would say you are coming a shade OTT and looks like you are a smidge steep, it looks like some fairly heavy divots.

If you're hitting too much of a fade with that swing you might want to check your grip, maybe a little more left forearm rotation to get the clubface more square to your path, but if you're making good contact and getting it in the whole then USE IT!!!:)

Neil, can you hit a draw?

On the backswing, wouldn't forearm rotation get the face "laying" on the plane, as opposed to perpendicular to it?

it would, could be a problem for some, might cause you to get laid off with an open club face, I was suggesting a little more left forearm rotation on the downswing, a little more left palm facing up on the way through the ball to help him square the face up to his path to get that fade down from 8yds to 2yds.

Neil, can you hit a draw?

On the backswing, wouldn't forearm rotation get the face "laying" on the plane, as opposed to perpendicular to it?

Honestly I havn't tried to hit a draw at all since my Lessons with BManz about 3 weeks ago. I pretty much gave up on it and have been working on hitting a fade since.

So... with my current swing I don't rotate anything consciously, in fact, I feel like I'm digging the hosel into the ball and my pivot rotates the club. (if that makes sense)

Thanks for the replies.
la da da de de da da...... Where you at whodie?

Nothing wrong with a little OTT, especially if you are hitting your 4 iron solid. How are your divots, they looked a tad steep? If you need to come in a bit shallower you need just a little more "drop" in the transition, all in all it looks good.

Nothing wrong with a little OTT, especially if you are hitting your 4 iron solid. How are your divots, they looked a tad steep? If you need to come in a bit shallower you need just a little more "drop" in the transition, all in all it looks good.

I was fighting getting below plane so some carry has helped. I may back off some when i feel it's completely ingrained 100%.

The divots look worse than they really are, the ground is really soft on that range. When it's dry and a little firmer, I can't plant any vegtables in them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.