5. Webb Simpson
6. Zach Johnson
7. Matt Kuchar
8. Phil Mickelson
9. Brandt Snedeker (captain's pick)
10. Jim Furyk (captain's pick)
11. Dustin Johnson (captain's pick)
12. Steve Stricker (captain's pick)

I'm always struck by how fleeting this game is. For most of us from hole-to-hole or round-to-round. But even at the highest level it's week-to-week and certainly year-to-year. Some of those names on the team back in '08 literally struggle to break par now, and some don't even. I'm sure the same will be said for some of the names on this year's team compared to when it will be back in the States in '16. (People who think they know who'll be on the Olympic teams in 4 years are crazy :))

This all came to mind as I've been doing some year-end analysis of my own game and comparing it to recent seasons. In a bizarre parallel universe of relative standards, I think I would've made my team in '08 on points, but would've missed the '10 and '12 teams for injuries.

I'm really interested in how you guys faired over the past 3 Ryder Cups. Using yourself as your standard, would you have been on all 3 teams? Made all 3 teams on points, or would you have needed some help from the captain (again yourself)? And what would "Team You's" record be? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.