82 Year old man Helped my driver swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
Ok laugh but I had some extra time and a little money, that in itself is remarkable too. So I head out to my range, get my bucket of ball and start to get ready. Today is driver day, me and old ping aint been getting along so good for quite awhile. I used to pop it there pretty good, but for the past 2 years "no bueno", pulls, slices, worm burners, you name it I probably did it. I have been working on the ideas video and sd, but my consistancy was very inconsistant, a little better but I must admit I resorted to driving with a 16 degree adams hybrid. So my session is going not to good army swing, left, right, left right. So i sit down for a few minutes and this old, excuse me senior man cames walking by I say good morning he says good morning and gets ready to hit some balls I watch him and he works his way up to the driver. He set up pretty good, mid body hand, good posture an dbest of all hes not shaking which is pretty good for his age 82. So he smack the ball and it sails off flies maybe 160 and rolls out to 175 nothing great but thats not what helped me. watching him swing was like slow motion in real motion and man could I see how he slowed down dowm from the backswing just before impact and just flick at the ball IT WAS AWESOME!!! over and over same thing. Tha ball would just go past 150-160 and roll to 175-180 with a draw. So I started copying him 160 roll to 175 with a draw after a few of those I started to go after it a little not bad 220-230 on the fly oh sht was I happy and it semmed so easy. So is it w.o.o.d I think, works only one day I sit and watch the senior and wait for a few minutes and then set and swing nice draw out 220yds on the fly! I do it again sit and watch Mr slowmotion and I finish the bucket best dam session with the driver in a long time if it is w.o.o.d oh well will have to go where the seniors are practicing and watch.

Remember hitting balls next to Snead on the range at the Greenbrier a few years before he died. Quite the experience.....

hp12c

New
Love it. Slow is fast. :)

It was so surreal watching him transition to the downswing, smooth but quick and then the hands slow down just a little and then the club head whips around and bam the ball takes off and the club pulls him around and I mean around.

Status
Not open for further replies.