A suggestion for the symposium in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been suggested in other locations that you video the symposium. People are willing to pay good money to see it.

If I may make a suggestion, U-Stream it live with some U-Stream questions also asked. People can pay to view the live stream, or you can save the stream and sell it later.

Good for you and your wallet, and good for everyone that cannot attend for whatever reason.

Video is not benign. Changes the format, and reactions of the participants.
Playing to the camera thing, or it could have the opposite effect and work against spontaneity.
Finally, the participants may not want to be on TV, so to speak.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
No Streaming....

The Symposium will not be streamed for several reasons, but mostly because it is very expensive to do it correctly.

Obviously it is very cheap to do it super basic.

We are the sole sponsors of this event, and we want this first one to be as good as possible. We need a decent turn out not to lose money.

As far as video goes, we are currently not planning to do it.

We want attendees, and we want THEM to be happy with their investment of time and money.

We plan for that to be the case, and then some.

it is inconceivable to me how anyone with any interest in the golf swing and what to teach would miss this day......so much more money spent fruitlessly over the years by so many - the freaking sunday night get together in the hotel bar will be worth $250 alone...

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
it is inconceivable to me how anyone with any interest in the golf swing and what to teach would miss this day......so much more money spent fruitlessly over the years by so many - the freaking sunday night get together in the hotel bar will be worth $250 alone...

I second that Mike!

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Whos volunteering to pick me up at the airport Sunday? Ill be so drugged up I wont be able to find my luggage. I need to be comatose to get on a plane.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Brian doesn't want to be ripped off. A bunch of people would watch anonymously...steal it, use the information as their own and either give no credit or credit the guys with no stake in the game i.e. the scientists.

I fully understand..I would be reluctant to video the process as well.

Damon and I should be arriving by 9am local on sunday, ravens play @ 10 local, then a tee time somewhere?

I am quite sure Damon will be wide awake after his requisite 13 cokes and a good snooze on his light and sound machine.....

ZAP

New
In my opinion I think Brian is making the right call. As much as I would love to be a fly on the wall I can see the introduction of video changing things for the bad. I wish I was in a position to make the trip though. My hope is that this goes REALLY well and there are several more.

I understand the position on video - more from the point of view of facilitating a good and uninhibited debate on the day than from any concern about information being "misappropriated".

But is there going to be any form of write up or dissemination of any conclusions reached in the course of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.