About done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

Need some of your expertise here. I'm a high (19 ) hanicapper, and I am just about ready to give this game up...My iron and wedge game ( pro here said I have the short game of a scratch golfer ) are in great shape, but my drives and fairway woods are killing me. With my irons & hybrids I have a straight to draw pattern, sometimes a pull, yet my Drives & fairway woods are generally a fade to slice. I'm not a huge hitter, so when I get in the rough because of that fade / slice, I generally have too many yards to cover and it takes me at least a couple shots out of that to get to the green. What confuses me is that on video, my swing is too steep, and a pro here said that is leading to the pulls with the irons, but how does this make sense with slicing the driver? I also get nearly 5000 rpm of backspin with my driver:eek: I make compensations for that, then I hit a low pull! He has me working on a takeaway drill, and I think that will help. Lately though, I just don't even feel comfortable even setting up with the driver, but I keep playing it because I need to figure it out to get to be the golfer I want to be.....

BTW - is there a TGM instructor in the Baltimore area? I really want to get this fixed!

I'm by no means even an novice compared to most on here. I would say start with the Confessions of a Former Flipper video... watch it and do it... then progress to Never Slice Again or Never Hook Again... most likely Never Slice Again... But I would have to guess you're flipping... to get up to 5,000 rpms on a drive especially if you're a short hitter...

But download the Confessions of a Fomer Flipper... its not expensive and get a feel for it... also look at the free youtube videos... He has one on driving that might help some also...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Well...

BTW - is there a TGM instructor in the Baltimore area? I really want to get this fixed!

Not exactly.

There is a Brian Manzella Instructor there who is excellent—Damon Lucas.

And...we plan to do our annual Manzella Academy school there this summer—dates soon.

Damon's phone number is 410-340-1819

Awesome

Even better Brian - I will call him! If I can come up with the funds, ( My wife & I drive an hour to & from work, and it's to the point where I need to take out a loan for gas :mad: ) I would REALLY like to attend the summer camp as well!

BTW - this is a great site! :)

Erik_K

New
Not exactly.

There is a Brian Manzella Instructor there who is excellent—Damon Lucas.

And...we plan to do our annual Manzella Academy school there this summer—dates soon.

Damon's phone number is 410-340-1819

I have had lessons from Damon. As Brian already stated, Damon Lucas is a very good instructor. Damon has some terrific drills and he is a very patient teacher.

Go see him.

His, course (Hayfields) by the way, is gorgeous!

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.