Acceleration profiles? (with page two presentation by Mike Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody that has experience with this give me some insight. What should I be looking for on a flightscope with regards
to this. Is it a valuable tool for fitting or teaching?

Thanks

I missed your original question, but there are a couple recentish threads on the subject that might answer a couple questions.

Mgranto - i tried to search this topic and all I found was that the line should be more naturally curved instead of all over the place.

Brian - thanks. I will wait to hear what MJ has to say

Before the pro weighs in...

That's basically what you should be looking for. Maybe I'm not getting what you're asking.

Is there more too it than just a naturally curved line.. Im just trying to be able to use the machine to the best of its abilities to help people

There are a couple things that can give it a less than optimal shape (wrong shaft stiffness/profile, over swinging, and re-gripping during the swing to name a few). You can also see some data about the player's release and what the clubhead is doing (speed wise) as it approaches the ball. You might find the usefulness of the info to be subject dependent. :)

Which model do you run?

just got the x2 complete and purchased it with my new partner. My old boss has the kudu and the alignment camera and the improvement with aoa with the irons with the x2 is awesome. We just started a winter golf school and it is quiet at the moment so I have been addictided to the skills assessment

Sweet, I've got the same one and agree completely. The skills deal is a big addition to the unit. When you get a chance, take it on course and get some data on "real" shots with "real" consequences... it's always fun seeing what changes. :)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
168d1354737469-acceleration-profiles-help-acceleration1.jpg

169d1354737497-acceleration-profiles-help-acceleration2.jpg

170d1354737499-acceleration-profiles-help-acceleration3.jpg

171d1354737500-acceleration-profiles-help-acceleration4.jpg

172d1354737502-acceleration-profiles-help-acceleration5.jpg

173d1354737503-acceleration-profiles-help-acceleration6.jpg

questions ;-)

This however doesn't answer some of the the old questions posted here some time ago

- Why is the acceleration show in G (gravitational acceleration) and not in sec^2? Is it because it has a relation with the downward direction? Also unclear is how this "value" has been "measured" or is it an calculation based on the delta's in measured speed (downward direction?) and then divided by distance and g ?

- What is that distance? Is it vertical/horizontal or distance along it's swing path? If it is the last then it would be calculated backwards from impact? Because final path is only know when impact takes place.

- If TM explains that clubhead impact speed is hard to measure because of the difference in speed between toe and heel, what is the error margin in this chart?

that's all :p

I will not start the discussion about the shaft fitting part......yet..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.