Address question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAP

New
It seems every time I watch one of Brian's videos I pick up another detail I haven't heard before or at least thought about.
I try to review all the videos I own a couple of times a year to keep my brain fresh when thinking about the golf swing in helping my high school players or beginners.

This past week I was watching Building blocks 2.0 and the idea of the trail wrist being flat and the lead wrist being bent at address struck me. I believe this was referred to as mid body hands at some point. I personally have always felt uncomfortable with this idea. Since I was fighting my swing I was willing to try just about anything so I started setting up with my trail wrist more flat.

I have hit more quality shots this past week than I have in a long time. Not sure what the difference was but it instantly felt like the right thing rather than being uncomfortable.

As a side note over the winter I began an exercise program which included a good deal of Yoga and stretching. With my new found flexibility maybe I am just more able to take advantage of the new set up stuff as well.

Not even sure this post will get looked at but I wanted to get it in writing so I can look back at it if I fall into the same rut again.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I started teaching golf in 1983, 33 years ago last month.

Lots of things have made it to my lesson tee, "mid-body hands" coming from my first trip to see Ben Doyle in June of 1987.

Never taught a different address attitude since, except for maybe a dozen guys who just couldn't or wouldn't do it.

It's GOLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.