aiming point or ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayro1

New
I was just wondering what you all look at during your swing. I did find I was getting better contact in practice while looking at the aiming point instead of the ball.

DDL

New
If one is to use impact hands location for an aiming point, does one mentally construct a straight line from the top or end of the BS to the impact hands location, and 'slide' the hands on the inclined plane on that line, while looking at the impact hands location?

At impact fix, my right forearm is pointing at the plane line WAY out to the left, around 4-5 feet to the left of my left foot. Thus using the point along the plane line where my right forearm points at impact fix is not practical.

Keep an eye on the inside aft of the ball and allow the "illusions" to educated your aiming point from impact hands location.

I personally just look at the ball...wherever...nothing specific really. I know I hit it on the inside-aft spot though. You know how it works then you just kinda do it- I dunno.

You know how aiming point works right?...And that that's where you need to get your hands (so you look like Brian's logo above- hands ahead of ball/clubhead, bent right, flat left, forward leaning clubshaft, slightly descending blow).

So know that and learn/practice how to do it well...groove it in. Then you just do it and figure out how much on the inside of the ball you have to hit.

I just try to make a good swing and the ball is there...through practice your hands will know where to go...

I guess if anything I almost feel like I'm hitting down into the ground where the front edge of the ball is. Hit the inside of the ball first, then divot.

Status
Not open for further replies.