am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i the only one here has not benefitted from the knowledge of the D-Plane one iota?

not debating the validity of the D-Plane theory. i believe it wholeheartedly. but brians calculations of plane line, true path and face angle in order to produce different shots hasnt actually helped me play better golf.

i still try to set up square (even though i know i dont) and stll hit shots with a small fade. and i also take prety deep divots. but the knowledge that if you strike the ball before low point then the path is to the right of the plane line hasnt actually helped me much at all.

am i the only one who has found this?

D-plane is the truth! Because you can't execute correctly, doesn't mean the physics are wrong. Look at your ball flight and use the D-plane to figure out your error, at least you know what to work on following that, whether its a clubface or swing plane issue.

Dont mean to be belligerent, D-plane totally opened my eyes and helped me so trememdously i felt compelled to defend it...

i agree completely. i have no question that the D-Plane is the truth. i just find that the knowledge hasnt changed my approach o how i play the game very much, if it has at all

Me too, pecky.

The D plane truth (and I, too, agree completely that it's the truth) has explained to me why I play short irons with what I thought of as a slightly open stance but which D plane might call "aiming left." And it has made me more comfortable about aiming slightly right on the driver.

But it hasn't really been an aide to me in how I try to swing. I can't see any way that the D plane has affected any of my swing feels or swing thoughts either in practice or during a round.

I feel the same. I think it doesn't make a difference to many people, because we have been learning a long time from the ultimate d-plane feedback "device": ballflight. Knowing that you must swing left for a straight doesn't help you much unless you've been blindly trying something else (such as trying to hit a straight ball with a planeline pointing at the target).

Z

Zztop

am i the only one here has not benefitted from the knowledge of the D-Plane one iota?

not debating the validity of the D-Plane theory. i believe it wholeheartedly. but brians calculations of plane line, true path and face angle in order to produce different shots hasnt actually helped me play better golf.

i still try to set up square (even though i know i dont) and stll hit shots with a small fade. and i also take prety deep divots. but the knowledge that if you strike the ball before low point then the path is to the right of the plane line hasnt actually helped me much at all.

am i the only one who has found this?

I don't think of the D-Plane theory when i play or any kind of calculations, like aim 1 degree this way or that way and hit down x amount etc. etc.

I'm not that good at even knowing if i lined up a three foot putt with the correct amount of speed to line ratio, but i try and sometimes i get lucky.

I try these things out on the range and see what results i get, then when i see positive results, if i do, i'll try them on the course, and maybe i can produce 1 or 2 good results, no worries just keep on trying to get the ball in the hole with the least amount of tokes,:D i mean strokes::)

It's helped. My miss with the driver is a cut that starts off straight and falls off right.

Before I would have thought a little open face, but with D-plane, I need to adjust my path a little to the right.

If you completely miss a shot, it's good to know that you started the ball where the face was pointing and curved away from the path instead of the other way around.

It makes for a quicker fix.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
It has helped me the most in determining how I set up for specific shots. I can hit a great draw now very consistently as well as a fade. I also have some specific parameters derived from the D plane that allow me to set up and swing without the fear of "over-cooking" something.

ggsjpc

New
D Plane has helped considerably. If you can't move the path around while keeping control of the face, than it really can't do much for you. It will still tell you what happened, but if you can't adjust what you do, then it is simply a diagnostic tool.

D-Plane should help to *some degree* by just watching your shots, particularly your poor shots especially when you are struggling. It won't give you the answer all of the time, but at the basic level you should understand what's going on. Hit a block slice? Well, your clubface was wayyy open at seperation. Hit a duck hook? Your clubface was wayyy closed. Straight initical direction with a big hook? Clubpath too in-to-out (probably).

Want to hit a hook around some trees? Well, your path has to be very in-to-out in relation to the clubface at impact. So, aim at the target, aim dead right and swing along your body.

Blocking putts? Your face is open at impact. Pulling putts? putterface closed.

No, it hasn't turned me into a much better player. And I really don't worry about swinging left since I don't have a lot of shaft lean at impact. But it has helped clear up some of the fog and I can take that basic information and then formulate some ideas as to why the clubface and/or path are doing what they are doing and then begin to attack problems with some correct knowledge.

3JACK

I think vj is joking....
True that. I would refer to Richies post, it's pretty good..that's kind of how I feel about it as well. I would only say that it helps me most of the time, instead of saying it won't give you the answer all of the time...semantics I guess. But, I bet if I had a TRACKMAN, I might change that to ALL OF THE TIME.;)

This whole thread is an example of how I am looking to see if Brian shows us the thought process of building a swing pattern (e.g. Pattern 13) using Trackman data: From the ground up, so to speak.

Am I missing something?

D-Plane correctly and you will be missing your off plane , flip, throw away compensated swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.