Am I over-pivoting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - 8 01 09 swing 0001

I've been working on the soft draw pattern for a while now (doing a lot of the back and forth drill), but this is the first time I have video taped my swing since changing from NSA.

Looking at my swing it seems like I am taking the club back too far because of a mini reverse pivot at the top. Is this because i'm going to much around and not enough back? When i do the towel pivot drill in the mirror I seem to rear back more and not as much around.

Or, is it possible that the club is going back so far b/c of an unintenional double bend (cocking) of the right wrist?

For some reason i'm hitting the ball significantly shorter than when I first began the pattern...trying to figure out the cause? Also, maybe not enough underhand javelin/axis tilt at impact?

Thanks for your help.

from what I am seeing.....you need more pivot......you are "mostly" hands on your way to the top(the reason the club goes so far back). I think if you add more pivot, via the shoulder turn and hip turn and leave your hands alone you could work it from there.......but thats just me I am sure some will not agree

j,

Your swing center (7th cervical bone (on your backbone at the base of your neck)) is moving targetward at the top...try and keep it steady..

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys,

I want to be near the center of the matrix, but I think the NSA twist away puts me at a more static position at the top and prevents the over sway towards the target.

Do you think someone like me would benefit more from using the NSA pattern, or just working on a better SD pivot?

Do you think someone like me would benefit more from using the NSA pattern, or just working on a better SD pivot?

just get A PIVOT first. what I mean is get a solid well preformed pivot that you are going to use, THEN see what "pattern" you can/want to tweak it to. I think you are trying to make your swing fit something instead of taking something that fits your swing. I always like quite hands and let the pivot do the work. I think if you work on 3/4 shots and video those you will get a idea on what you really want to do moving forward, or at least see what is getting you where....ie...hands to the top or pivot powered or whatever. JMO

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

I want to be near the center of the matrix, but I think the NSA twist away puts me at a more static position at the top and prevents the over sway towards the target.

Id do some more twist, more tilt in the transition, feel your head go back and down into the right heel and underhand that javelin.

Status
Not open for further replies.