Am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels completely different things when swinging with a noticeable plane shift (Sergio) and one without (IATR)?

I can do either for a time and the Sergio feels nothing like IATR. For example, with IATR I can almost close the gap from the top with an all Alpha feel. I do not understand how one closes the gap with the Sergio swing where I am noticeably feeling alpha and beta torques. Another example is the extreme width I feel on the downswing with IATR, a feel I don't get with the Sergio swing. I'd love to stick with IATR, which feels more natural, but I tend to need some layoff the other swing provides from time to time.

Thanks for reading and I hope this made sense.

Sometimes I feel I need IATR more when I get in handle drag mode. I try to use it with a good COP shift though.

Am I the only one who feels completely different things when swinging with a noticeable plane shift (Sergio) and one without (IATR)?

I can do either for a time and the Sergio feels nothing like IATR. For example, with IATR I can almost close the gap from the top with an all Alpha feel. I do not understand how one closes the gap with the Sergio swing where I am noticeably feeling alpha and beta torques. Another example is the extreme width I feel on the downswing with IATR, a feel I don't get with the Sergio swing. I'd love to stick with IATR, which feels more natural, but I tend to need some layoff the other swing provides from time to time.

Thanks for reading and I hope this made sense.

I wanna take a stab at this.

I know Brian has touched on this. There is a huge difference on what you see on video and what the player is feeling in his own time. I would bet that when your feeling the Sergio lay off, it is way too late and that you've run out of time to close the gap. I would bet that Sergio feels his downswing starts at the point of mid-back, on the way down, on video. Does that make sense?
So he could be feeling throw all the way down to him, while your still trying to lay it down way late and run out of time

I wanna take a stab at this.

I know Brian has touched on this. There is a huge difference on what you see on video and what the player is feeling in his own time. I would bet that when your feeling the Sergio lay off, it is way too late and that you've run out of time to close the gap. I would bet that Sergio feels his downswing starts at the point of mid-back, on the way down, on video. Does that make sense?
So he could be feeling throw all the way down to him, while your still trying to lay it down way late and run out of time

That is exactly what is happening. It's funny, a lot has happened since I started this thread. I'm hitting it as good as ever the last month with an improved COP shift. I don't even think about anything but closing the gap now. It's like Mike Granato says 'with a good COP shift I have time to eat a sandwich on the way down'.

2 other items of note I'm seeing for the first time:

My uncontrollable hook only pops up when I try to lag it deep in the DS.
The earlier I feel that I release it, the harder, straighter and LOWER I hit it.

Fun times.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Great discussion on an important topic.

I think—and encourage—all golfers to experiment with all sorts of swing elements.

Lindsey is certainly correct in his assertion that what you may be THINK your are copying is Sergio's swing when in fact it may just be the LOOK you are employing.

Lots of great data of forces and torques coming real soon, and we will look at a lay down swing like Fowler vs a wide sweep like Toms and see where there are REALLY doing work.

and HOW they are really dong it.....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.