AMM 6D "Walkabout" vs. K - Vest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of acquiring either the AMM 6D Walkabout or K-VEST.
I would appreciate instructors and/or students lending some first hand experiences with either of the apparatuses. I am leaning toward the Walkabout sheerly for its greater depth of information attainment. However, I have heard from some that the K-VEST's ease of use , player friendly software, and more thorough training make it the more desirable choice...

Also, if you are of the opinion that if one is in the field for motion capture that you should just bite the bullet and get the AMM 12 sensor please chime in. I would in that case procure the "chassis" and 4 initial sensors and build upon initial framework as working capital allows ;).

Hi Richard,
I have been looking at the 2 systems as i would like to buy a 3D system.
Have heard good report about the AMM no wires system.
The K- vest is only 3*s of motion but has very good softwear.
Am going to England next month to try the AMM with Mark Bull. Mark Bull Golf » Homepage

would either of these sytems be ideal for comparing shot to shot by one golfer during a range session? For example, getting the body numbers for a solid, straight strike (or a few of them averaged) , and then comparing them to the numbers for, say, a big miss right (which has been my tendency at times). i am trying to deduce the causes for different types of misses and more effectively narrow proprioceptive feels.

even if the move(s) are something i may not be able to feel yet, i would hope the AMM or K-Vest data might shed some light on where to look first.

it seems like you could do some excellent work with one of these plus a trackman.

Status
Not open for further replies.