An A.I. said......

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdog

New
Unless your 6'5, 280 lbs, you shouldn't hit, you should swing, do you guys agree?? ( i try to do both)

quote:Originally posted by cdog

Unless your 6'5, 280 lbs, you shouldn't hit, you should swing, do you guys agree?? ( i try to do both)

Utterly ridiculous

Homer never placed a size requirement of either method. Speed and strength are the only two physical benefits in determining which method works best and that is only a suggestion. We as students of TGM should know how to do both, sooner or later.

quote:Originally posted by cdog

I'm 5'9", 185 and also try to use both procedures. I don't notice much difference in distance between the two.

You should learn to do both. Learn Swinging first, Hitting second. Swinging is more automatic and easier to learn first. Once you know both, use them as you see fit for the shot at hand, just not at the same time.
AI's that breach swinging only do so because they believe it is difficult to be more powerful and accurate than centrifugal force allows you to be.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Burner, I am an AI also...so....watch it.;)

I am currently playing with a hitting procedure....

I will give you an update after tommorrow's round...

bts

New
A given amount of "horse power" pulls or pushes heavier objects slower or lighter objects faster.

Brian,
Are you using a hitting technique to protect your shoulder?
Did Ben Doyle ever teach you hitting, other than for short shots?

Burner

New
quote: An A.I said:
"Unless your 6'5, 280 lbs, you shouldn't hit, you should swing".

Brian,

No offense intended.

The Absolute Idiot to whom I was referred is the one to whom the above quotation is purportedly attributed.

All A.I's, as you well know, are not the same and I would not be on this forum if I thought they were idiots per se.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I know Burner...no offense taken..

Ben teaches a FOUR BARREL STROKE.....My shoulder will almost support swinging now.

Hitting is JUST AS HARD TO DO CORRECT as swinging and there are problems with it as any variation...

+2 today, +3 tuesday, +2 wednesday....need to do better.....

might need to swing on some shots and hit on others...

right now I have to swing on my 3 wood...

Brian,

I can't believe any doctor would approve playing in less than 2 mos after rotator cuff surgery! How can you be playing so soon? The general rule is that nothing heavier than a cup of coffee be lifted, and only gentle activities with the elbow at the side be performed in the 1st 3 mos following the operation. And then, up to 9 more mos. of rehabilitative exercises.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I guess I had a really good doctor. ;)

Anyhow, it was about a 25% tear, with a torn labrum and a BIG bone spur.

Thanks for the concern.

Dr_J

New
Inactivity as a means of healing is falling by the wayside. We used to hospitalize people for 6 weeks with strict bed rest for a lot of that time after a heart attack. Now we stent them and get them exercising very soon. Unless massive, they rarely stay in the hospital more than a couple of days. Anyway, inactivity is in my opinion never a good healing mechanism. But hitting 290 drives....must be a really good/confident doctor =).

Status
Not open for further replies.