another "HELP!" thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I haven't touched a golf club in over a month until today... the results? I was hooking like a mother... oh my gosh, I DONT hook... if I get wild, i slice, I couldn't keep from hooking the ball today... and the looser and easier I swung, the worse the hook got. Distance dropped with every club. Just a total loss of the feeling of the golf swing. Should I worry too much? or should I just get out there more and get my grove back?
BTW, the only way I wouldnt hook it, is if i went (what felt like) extremely out and up (kind of travinoish) backswing. if I used a soft draw backswing... hookville. However, with this backswing, I felt that I lost distance.

Im playing in a tournament coming up pretty soon, and I need to fix this fast!!

also, someone was talking about getting underplain, and hooking...
this seems to be a problem with people who have been playing for a while, are pretty decent (under 10 capper), and are starting to loose some distance too (this pretty much sounds exactly like me)...
can someone explain what exactly being underplain is, and how to fix it?

dont know it, explain?

basically it's a stick right above the ball..maybe 4-5 inches high above the ball.

U can use a shaft or whatever u want. What it does is..to make you contact inside the ball but when you exit your club shouldn't be touching the shaft. To make sure you don't swing too much to the right.

Swing up the wall, maybe? When I start hooking I just take the club

to far inside with not enough up.

Do your hooks start way to the right? Or left to left?

Swing up the wall, maybe? When I start hooking I just take the club

to far inside with not enough up.

Do your hooks start way to the right? Or left to left?

I'm left handed, so their starting right, and hooking right. and loooooow. especially with driver. thats at its worst.

what you were saying about taking the club too far inside and not enough up makes since because I tend to do that, and like I said, when I start swinging up the wall so to speak, I start to straiten out...

Jen... how long should the stick be? you know I was waking around target the other night, and I saw something like this in their golf section, but it was to fix slices.... not that I trust anything that is for drills that would come off a target shelf, but it made me think of what you were talking about.

here it is...
"inside approach"

Last edited:
Closed club face. Are you regripping the club at the top?

Make sure your face is not closed at address and after you make a swing, without regripping, set up to another ball and see if you have let the club close in relation to your grip.

Last edited:
I'm left handed, so their starting right, and hooking right. and loooooow. especially with driver. thats at its worst.

what you were saying about taking the club too far inside and not enough up makes since because I tend to do that, and like I said, when I start swinging up the wall so to speak, I start to straiten out...

Jen... how long should the stick be? you know I was waking around target the other night, and I saw something like this in their golf section, but it was to fix slices.... not that I trust anything that is for drills that would come off a target shelf, but it made me think of what you were talking about.

here it is...
"inside approach"

KIND OF, BRIAN SHOWED IN HIS VIDEO HOW TO DO IT CORRECTLY.
INSTEAD OF THAT BAR, YOU WOULD HAVE A LONG SHAFT DIRECTLY ABOVE THE BALL. IT DIRECTS YOU AND MAKE SURE YOU HIT THE BALL FROM THE INSIDE AND EXIT CORRECTLY TO THE LEFT.

I dont have video of it right now... I went out today agian... just not hitting the ball well... its disappointing. I called my wife and told her, and she goes "you need to get out and play more".... thanks.... haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.