Another odd grip question?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help with a grip problem. I am double jointed in both thumbs. This causes my left thumb to go farther into extension during my swing which then causes my right hand and heel pad to fold farther over my left thumb and into a weaker position during the swing. What can I do to remedy this? Tape it up? Longer/shorter left thumb? Larger/smaller grips?

I am lost on this one, please help.

Last edited:
Duck, do you interlock, over-lap, or use a baseball grip? Might help someone smart enough to help you hone in on a solution.

Duck, do you interlock, over-lap, or use a baseball grip? Might help someone smart enough to help you hone in on a solution.

The problem persists whether I overlap, interlock, or baseball grip, as I have tried all three. That said, I am comfortable enough to use any one of the three.

Burner

New
I need help with a grip problem. I am double jointed in both thumbs. This causes my left thumb to go farther into extension during my swing which then causes my right hand and heel pad to fold farther over my left thumb and into a weaker position during the swing. What can I do to remedy this? Tape it up? Longer/shorter left thumb? Larger/smaller grips?

I am lost on this one, please help.

Hard to offer anything concrete without an actual appreciation of what the real problem (as you experience it) is.

For example, if your left thumb lays in the life line of your right hand, which holds it firmly against the club shaft, how is being double jointed affecting things?

Hard to offer anything concrete without an actual appreciation of what the real problem (as you experience it) is.

For example, if your left thumb lays in the life line of your right hand, which holds it firmly against the club shaft, how is being double jointed affecting things?

My right hand life line doesn't hold my thumb against the shaft. It sits next to it, not so much on top of it. Then my right hand grip slips due to my thumb going farther into extension and then no longer being in the same place for my right hand to apply pressure against.

I tried an interlocking grip today doing some chipping in the yard. However, instead of interlocking my left pointer finger between my right pinkie and ring finger, I put it between the ring finger and middle finger. Quite a bit more pressure available to hold everything together. I will try out some full swings tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.