Another SD Pattern Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on the SD Pattern last night.

I really was trying to get my weight on my right foot at the start of the swing.

Things really got clicking well and it felt like this was a missing ingredient of my swing.
I felt almost like the old days when you would lift your left heel off the ground.

What happens when you get hung up on your left side?
Isn't this like a stack and tilt move?

Yeah, that step is definitely not a stack and tilt move.

Starting my swing with that pressure in my right foot is something that has helped me a lot. One I'd done it for a bit I started remembering the feel of the turn for a baseball swing when I was a kid. I then started thinking about the feeling of trying to hit a left-handed backhand racquetball shot. Doing all that makes your body start before your arms and hands and also made me feel like I was doing something athletic instead of this golf thing I'd over-intellectualized in some ways.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Working on the SD Pattern last night.

I really was trying to get my weight on my right foot at the start of the swing.

Things really got clicking well and it felt like this was a missing ingredient of my swing.
I felt almost like the old days when you would lift your left heel off the ground.

What happens when you get hung up on your left side?
Isn't this like a stack and tilt move?

The "hang on your left side" swing might help 1 of 100 people. And I'd still think they could hit it better a different way.

When you HANG on your left side, you just CAN NOT load the shaft as well, and you can't load pressure as well.

In my opinion, the old way is better.

Watch for my Sam Snead analysis...soon.

I have now decided that with the driver especially, if I do not load the club with my feet, the ball goes nowhere. The step move in both directions adds a lot to the swing. particlularly lag and timing.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I have now decided that with the driver especially, if I do not load the club with my feet, the ball goes nowhere. The step move in both directions adds a lot to the swing. particlularly lag and timing.

Absolutely, Babe. —Donald Paul Villavaso, Golf Teacher and Sage

Status
Not open for further replies.