Another Swing! Comments Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys

I would appreciate some comments on my swing. I have a UK handicap of 10.6 and playing pretty well at the moment. I rarely hook the ball and my misses are right. Would like to get a nice little draw into my game though and a more penetrative flight

Click here to watch Swing1-70

Click here to watch Swing2-60

All help and comments greatfully received especially from Brian, Jim etc

Thanks

Nick

Eric, you have a nice looking move. It actually looks similiar to my swing so I might have a few insights for ya. The setup looks like you have your weight towards your heels. From the front view you have a narrow stance and have your right leg pretty much straight up and down, no angle. When you come into impact you have some angle to it, I would guess you probably push quite a few balls. I would try a slightly wider stance and get some right leg angle and maintain it through the swing.

Also Eric you might have some flip going on in there. If you look at where your head is at in relation to the boards in the back ground at address and then through the swing you raise up several inches, my guess is you are trying to make room for some flip so you don't jam the club into the ground 6 inches behind the club. Thats a tough way to play, some days you will hit it good and others will be chunky and thin days. Its hard to see frame by frame in these online videos, but again I know that swing pretty good, I have been videoing and analyzing that swing for years, my own!

Last edited:
Thanks Matt and makes sense. Our Greenkeeper is a scratch golfer and great coach. He has told me to hit punch shots with my irons so i dont flip. Also, i do have problems commpressing the ball with the driver

Eric-

I think you'd benefit from some work on your posture and pre-swing procedure. It appears to me that you 'sit' down too much on your heels which inhibits your pivot. To remedy that I would bet that having a little less knee flex and being a little more over the ball at address would help a lot. Secondly, I would recommend that you try to slow your arm swing down and try to blend it better with your pivot. It looks like you have 'club-head throwaway' on the way down which means your arms and hands are out racing your body turn to impact causing you to lose club-head lag.

Last edited:

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Eric have you seen Never Hook Again? You should.

You have what i tend to call "too much in and not enough up." Your backswing is laid off and below the turned shoulder plane which creates a lot of downswing compensations.

Thanks Jim. No i have never seen Never Hook Again. Simple reason is i never hook the ball and only time i lose left is a pull. I know my pivot isnt as good as it should be as also i do get ahead of the ball. I am just fed up of losing it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.