Any chance of another swing critique :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Colin Montgomery finish...;)

Looks pretty solid to me...it's tough for me to tell using a sequence of pictures rather than an actual video.

dude

New
You are well on your way. These sequences compared to previous are very eye opening. Keep up the good work. The scores will also improve as your comfort level improves. Stick with Paul (Down Under)! I will speak with Paul and yourself a little later in regards to some Dr. Carey tidbits that you need to start incorporating. Very nice!!!!!!!!

golfingrandy/Randy

Thanks Randy,

Am having another lesson with Paul in about a week and a half. I have spoken with Carey quite a lot. Will be interesting incorporating this into the lessons.

EdZ

New
Looks pretty solid in setup, and up to the top. Can't tell from this angle, but it looks like you are getting your upper body ahead just a bit, and just a bit over the top. Keep from 'spinning out' coming down with the upper body (yours is a very slight move, but it will lead to some pulls, blocks and hard lefts depending on the hands).

Feel like your shoulders stay turned until impact (of course they won't, but get the feel).

It is as if you had a line drawn down the outside edge of your lead arm (from shoulder down to your pinky). Feel the 'karate chop' come from inside the targetline.

Work on body/weighshift drills on the 'inside's of your feet.

All in all, a 'very' solid swing, well on your way to some excellent golf. Keep up the good work.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Address: Eyes down more...look straight at the ball
Halfwayback: Clubface is too open...flatten your left wrist a little more

Overall: Your head needs to stay "screwed on straight" through impact, your left knee needs to staright more through impact and you need to leave the left wrist flatter after getting it flatter going back.

Thanks for the constructive critique guys :)

Brian: Do you think my swing is a bit too long, is there a good reason for me to shorten it further?

It seems like a lot of the young taller/flexible players round our area have swings that don't go much further than three quarters back..

ej20

New
Densikat,did you use a digital camera or camcorder to capture your swing?I need one to look at my own swing and I don't have either.I'm thinking of getting a digital camera with short movie mode capable of 12 frames per second.Don't really want to buy a camcorder just for that purpose.

BTW,nice swing.

ej20: I used a canon powershot a70 digital camera. I think it's been voted as one of the best value digital cameras around today. It can take movies 30 seconds at a time. It also takes great quality stills. Obviously the frame rate wont ever be near a camcorder. But for me it suits the purpose and budget perfectly.

I think the A70 does 15fps from memory.

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by densikat

Thanks for the constructive critique guys :)

Brian: Do you think my swing is a bit too long, is there a good reason for me to shorten it further?

It seems like a lot of the young taller/flexible players round our area have swings that don't go much further than three quarters back..
I would like an answer to this as well. Brian : Do you prefer to see a shorter compact backswing than a long one? Thanks.

ej20

New
quote:Originally posted by densikat

ej20: I used a canon powershot a70 digital camera. I think it's been voted as one of the best value digital cameras around today. It can take movies 30 seconds at a time. It also takes great quality stills. Obviously the frame rate wont ever be near a camcorder. But for me it suits the purpose and budget perfectly.

I think the A70 does 15fps from memory.
Thanks.Looking at your stills they seem very clear even on the downswing.Yup,I'll just get a digital camera!

Video is definitely the way to go.
I recently bought a JVC DVM80 digital recorder off ubid.com for about $350. The camera has lots of features.
Manually set shutter speeds (perfect for golf swing but you need lots of light)
Plug to hook directly from the camera to any TV with a video jacks.
Remote control playback with Slow Motion!!!(again perfect for golf).
The unit is lightweight and compact.
The only negative is the short battery life (30 minutes of record time).

Status
Not open for further replies.