Any good idea for alignment at address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alignment has been troubling me since. Everytime at address, I feel uncomfortable. I can tell that the mi**** is not due to my swing but my alignment. My tee shot or fairway shot goes to the right and left, and after the shot I know it is the alignment, the hit was solid.

I know from many advise that you align the clubface first, then the feet parallel to the clubface, then spread out the feet. I am doing that, but my guess is 1) the feet is not align parallel at the beginning, or 2) when spreading out the feet, it was not parallel. I can see that just a small degree of error will result in either an open or close position.

Any good suggestion for me to work on?

Also, as a hitter, it was mentioned that doesn't matter whether you had a close or open address position, you can trace the plane line and hit it straight. Should I concertrate on tracing this plane line?

Always trace the plane line- it is the road to impact. Hitters can use square or closed. Whatever works best.

Practice setting up from the left side and see how perfect it happens. You need to clear out the bad info from your computer because it is compensating for a history of bad shots- without telling you. From the left side, it has no history. It sets square. This is what Yoda taught Martee a few months ago.

Lay some clubs down, take your time- practice with an addition set of eyes, a friend or camera. AND....

Wait for Brian's trick. Come on dude, tell us.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here it is: Merry Christmas!

1. From behind the ball (target view) look back and forth from the ball to the target three times.

2.On the third 'look' focus on the target for three seconds.

3.Bring your eyes STRAIGHT back to the ball...DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF OF THE BALL!!!!

4.Move in to address approach and line up the club to where you 'REMEMBER' the target to be. (you have not looked 'off' of the ball since step three.

....more to come...

I'll give you the "Never fails" which I give my students.

Align the clubface first. Then set your body TO THE CLUBFACE... not the target. Make sure once you've set the clubface, you don't let the club twist or lift. As soon as you look up at the target to get your body alignment, your alignment is done for.

quote:Originally posted by Ringer

I'll give you the "Never fails" which I give my students.

Align the clubface first. Then set your body TO THE CLUBFACE... not the target. Make sure once you've set the clubface, you don't let the club twist or lift. As soon as you look up at the target to get your body alignment, your alignment is done for.

hhhmmm....should one "look up" or "turn head too?"

Brian.. you have you're beliefs, I have mine. But I do have a great history of quickly fixing my students alignments PERMENANTLY. And you could tac on all the students MDLT has had over the years, cause it was his idea.

Powerdraw.. who cares? Look at it however you want, just don't change the clubface or your body alignments... then swing along your body. You can forget about the target altogether if you settle into it.

For the majority, allowing the subconcious to aim and trusting it, will work long term. For the short - term, you can get someone to physically aim ther clubface, but, at some time the person will start to manipulate and steer, arms, shoulders, and hands will eventually get frozen because of this procedure. Its a kind of subconcious paralyses. An archer doesn't try to freeze the cross hairs on a target, he lets it float in a small circle, the cross hairs passing through the objective freely. If the archer were too target concious, he would grip the bow tightly and try to coordinate pulling the trigger, while forcing the cross hairs in the objective, these shots usually miss the target completly. Brian, your style very closely mimics the style of all great target shooters. Where you have to trust the subconcious and detach the final target (the green) from the task.

quote:Originally posted by brianman

Here it is: Merry Christmas!

1. From behind the ball (target view) look back and forth from the ball to the target three times.

2.On the third 'look' focus on the target for three seconds.

3.Bring your eyes STRAIGHT back to the ball...DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF OF THE BALL!!!!

4.Move in to address approach and line up the club to where you 'REMEMBER' the target to be. (you have not looked 'off' of the ball since step three.

....more to come...

I do points 1,2 and 3 exactly but substitute this for point 4.

4a. Place the shaft of the club on the ground besides the ball and parallel to the Target Line. Step into your Address Stance perpendicular to the club shaft (being careful not to step on it) and then pick up your club. You are then perfectly aligned with the Target Line.

Obviously this constitutes Grounding the Club, but the advantages vastly ourweigh the remote possibility that the ball might shift, unless you are in deep rough and then your alignment is a lost cause anyway.

I'm sold MJ! You have my word that no matter how moronic his posts are, I will not communicate with the mental dwarf. Problem is, I think he really does that with the golf club, right after, he and Mandy come out of the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.