Any help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
After hours of range work I am consistently a chronic 'toe contact swinger'. I have gone through 3 sets of clubs trying to find a set I could stop living on the toe. I could see some heel, some toe, some center...... but why 'always' the toe??? I would really appreciate some insights.

Jon

Do you still hit off the toe if you move closer to the ball? What does your ball flight look like?

Shot L.,

I have tried a 'little' closer but have not tried uncomfortably close. I will give that a try. My shots are weak and right or dead left a little stronger.

Shot L.,

I have tried a 'little' closer but have not tried uncomfortably close. I will give that a try. My shots are weak and right or dead left a little stronger.

Try a little contact paper on the club face to see where the ball is actually hitting the face.

I've had similar problems. For me less arms more pivot seemed to help, pretty sure I had timing issues.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Burner

New
Shot L.,

Try playing the ball further back in your stance. Too far forwards and your club head could be arcing inwards before it gets to the ball; an out to in swing problem. Playing the ball further back will get you swinging more in to out.

Next step is to find a happy medium.

Try playing the ball further back in your stance. Too far forwards and your club head could be arcing inwards before it gets to the ball; an out to in swing problem. Playing the ball further back will get you swinging more in to out.

Next step is to find a happy medium.

Thanks Burner,
I will give that a try. Would the back ball position require an 'out to right field' swing?

Burner

New
Thanks Burner,
I will give that a try. Would the back ball position require an 'out to right field' swing?

The swing will certainly be much more right field oriented (note my command of your native tongue :D - we say "orientated" over here) because the club head travels down and out and the further back the ball is positioned the more the out happens be.

Just don't go overboard with the right field stuff, that has ruined more swings than it has helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.