any trackman-equipped teachers in Southern California?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Not to thread jack but I'll be out in Carlsbad in April. What's the best place to play? I've got an in over at The Bridges....any good?

hp12c

New
Not to thread jack but I'll be out in Carlsbad in April. What's the best place to play? I've got an in over at The Bridges....any good?

My brodda from another modda, I think u might try torrey pines, I hear thats a pretty good place to play. getting a tee time might be a little hard unless u know someone or sleep in the parking lot to be with the torrey pines regulars. good luck and ma the force be with you.

Yuk, hate the Bridges, tricked up course that they tried to fit in a course on a piece of land meant for 12 holes.

If you want to stay along the coastline I played Encinitas Ranch and that was ok. I play at Arrowood in oceanside but its inland and a bit of a drive probably but a great track. I usually stay further north so I am not as familiar with Carlsbad other than the name super duper pricey places like La Costa or Aviara.

Hey Kevin,

Sweet facility that you have to see. Awesome conditions and great practice facility. Course ok...you could ask Phil although I hear he is
Moving! ;)

Some other private clubs to check out, Torrey is great, south course, but probably can't play the back tees and will be forever to play.

La Jolla CC, Del Mar CC are great, San Diego CC nice but far away. Rancho Santa Fe CC too.

I teach on a Trackman III in Southern California. I'm not up to $150 just yet! Bryan found me a few months ago and he's doing well. If you're near Los Angeles or Ventura, look me up!

Threadjacka,
Torrey Pines South Course - can't lose and Pauma Valley - Robert Trent Jones Sr's 1st course in California. That's if you like traditional golf courses that are tough with no new course "environmental hazards" everywhere you look and like a course with great scenery. Encinitas Ranch and Arrowwood - way to short for your enjoyment and nothing to write home about. Bridges - wealthy area - good to see what it's like and say you've played it - but afterwards GMP's correct - not much of a course to write home about. I'm sure you can get on any course - however if not and you need an in at Pauma let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.