Anyone see anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had the worst early extension imaginable for 2 years now and still no progress on fixing it.
Took a video of a view from behind in hopes to see something different. Appreciate any feedback

Brian Manzella

Administrator
You are nowhere near open enough at impact. Therefore, when you do lose the tilt in your pelvis and back, it is toward the ball.

Thanks for the insight Brian. So what should i work on? feel like i swing more left or just focus on turning the left hip from the top?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Brian, tough view but hand path and club head path have to be similar. Nothing to throw out at the ball so he can't get open, no?

Sounds like i have to start from scratch lol. I hit the ball fine I just know there is an easier and more efficient way

I think this can be a great thread because many golfers out there have similar issues.

Re Brian's comment about pokerlife's body not being open enough at impact- would you say at the end of the day you still have to teach the student to consciously use the pivot to move the pivot to its desired position to support the desired hand/club path, rather than letting it happen by itself via the torques and forces you're placing on the club as you eluded to previously?

Im starting to think there is no cure . Iv'e went to a few guys for a lesson regarding this issue and have heard everything from I turn my shoulders incorrectly on the backswing and that my takeaway is the reason my hips don't rotate.

I hit the ball fine being a 10 handicap but i know to get better I have to fix this issue

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
No cure?? Didn't you just read what Brian said? You've been reading here for awhile, correct? You haven't picked up anything regarding tumble? When your hands go at the ball or pull the club in line with your hands, you will plow the club into the ground unless you do what your body does. Please don't listen to anyone who says its a body issue. The root is what you do with the club.

ej20

New
Sometimes early extension is a by product of a couple of "faults" so that you don't hit the ground 6 inches behind the ball.

Pokerlife hasn't posted a front on by I will bet his right arm has straightened too much by impact as well as having an early sweep release.These 2 things combined will mean a very "long" right side before impact and unless he stands up,he will hit it stub the club into the ground well behind the ball.

There are some good players who straighten their right arm quite a bit before impact but have massive trigger delay to keep the right side "narrow".Sergio as an example.There are also other good players who sweep release but keep the right arm very bent to keep the right side narrow.Example being David Toms.Doing both is a no no in my opinion.

It's an early and full tugging which never lets the shaft lay down enough to tumble. The shaft has to be more horizontal coming out of transition so you can tumble it. You can not tumble a shaft/club that's already steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.