AoA Question for Trackman Users/Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching a video of a golfer getting fit for some irons with Trackman and in the video it says that the Tour average for a 6-iron, being PGA or LPGA the average Angle of Attack is in the -6* to -7* range. That seems pretty steep. Was wondering what the Trackman guys here think.

3JACK

I have heard more around -4* from a couple different Trackman owners, but that is second hand knowledge. -6 or -7* sounds pretty steep to me, depends on what kind of shot you're trying to hit I guess.

westy

New
That depends...

It depends a lot on the lie and the circumstances.
The average might be deeper than optimal because anytime something happens like (god forbid) one or them hits it in the rough, or the ball sits down, or they try to cut one etc, steeper numbers appear.
I guess average for a six iron from a Mint Chocolate Chip (MCC) PGA Tour lie is 3 down. But I dont know. I wish I did. I wish I had a Trackman too.....

SJO

New
I would be surprised if any LPGA players hit down that much but it would be great to get some numbers from players on Tour. I'm sure in time we'll hear many player's numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.