Arch wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlam

New
Can you play good golf with slightly arch wrist at impact? Arched left wrist ,not flat at impact without flipping?

The reason I ask cause I am trying impact fix address with my left wrist and the left wrist wants to arch at address as I prepare for downward hitting iron shots. My feeling is that I not hitting very good shots with arch wrist at impact. So I'm adjusting my impact fix with straighter left arm and turning my head slightly to right .

Last edited:

dlam

New
Thanks needed reassurance
I have have hit crisp shots with a arched left wrist (and firm left wrist with no breakdown)
There is so many threads about flat left wrist and hardly any on arched wrist but I think arched wrist is very effective way of hitting the ball.
Golfers can flip with flat or arched wrist equally so I dont think one is better than the other.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Thanks needed reassurance
I have have hit crisp shots with a arched left wrist (and firm left wrist with no breakdown)
There is so many threads about flat left wrist and hardly any on arched wrist but I think arched wrist is very effective way of hitting the ball.
Golfers can flip with flat or arched wrist equally so I dont think one is better than the other.

While it isn't a guarantee that you won't flip with an arched wrist at impact it's pretty damn close. Just be aware of the pitfalls and how it will effect your path/face (d plane) and adjust accordingly.

Jim -

What are the general pitfalls of an arched left wrist at impact? I can only get an arched left wrist at impact on short pitch shots and it feels great.

Status
Not open for further replies.