Axis Tilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's been mentioned here that you should have the most axis tilt with a driver. Then I assume, could be wrong, that you'd have the least with a wedge.

If a golfer should strive to point their shoulders at the ball on the downswing, the steepest shoulder tip/tilt seems to be with the wedges since they are so short. The least tilt is with a driver.

So, where am I missing this? Isn't shoulder tip/tilt synonymous with axis tilt?

I believe it's been mentioned here that you should have the most axis tilt with a driver. Then I assume, could be wrong, that you'd have the least with a wedge.

If a golfer should strive to point their shoulders at the ball on the downswing, the steepest shoulder tip/tilt seems to be with the wedges since they are so short. The least tilt is with a driver.

I think there are no perfect way to hit the golf ball. I used to take way inside and I hit great straight shots, probably requires alot to maintain that tilt. Now I'm taking it up just on plane and I don't necessary hit better. I feel like I always want to mess around with my swing, always trying to have a perfect backswing / downswing, but u know unless there are professional who look after you everyday, there is just no way to be perfect. I think once you understand the fundamental of golf, just go from there.... don't think about changing your swing unless that's hurting your scores.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator

Nope, that's why you are confused. they are different angles, you are trying to correlate the angle that the right shoulder has to "dip" to go downplane with the amount of axis tilt (spine tilt away from the target) which isn't correct.

Thanks Jim.

Maybe it just me, but I'm not that inflexible. When I put my shoulder down to the ball with a wedge it throws my spine into more tilt than when I have a driver in my hand.

Can you comment please. Thanks, Cliff

mayber you are turning your shoulders too flat with your wedges causing that.

Could be. Very likely. Are you saying the shoulder turn with the driver should be flatter than the wedges? The wedges backswing should be left shoulder more under???

Thanks, Cliff

plf

New
Could be. Very likely. Are you saying the shoulder turn with the driver should be flatter than the wedges? The wedges backswing should be left shoulder more under???

Thanks, Cliff

Looks to me you are referring to forward tilt whereby you have more of it with the wedges than with driver. Axis tilt is different and sideways.

Looks to me you are referring to forward tilt whereby you have more of it with the wedges than with driver. Axis tilt is different and sideways.

axis tilt is from the face on view, ie away from the target.
tilt towards the ball from the dtl view is waist bend.

clear now?

Status
Not open for further replies.