Back extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does back extension through impact into the finish have any bearing on pivot stall?

I have always been told to keep my head down and never ever extended through a shot. I don't pivot so great and am wondering if they are related.

Does it have any bearing on clubhead speed?

gmbtempe, its my opinion that not releasing your tailbone out of your posture/angles can cause pivot stall.

I think it has a larger bearing on screwing up your impact angles that it does on reducing clubhead speed.

Who has told you to keep your head down and dont extend?

friends who were self taught scratch players, and several instructors growing up, it was not until I started my own search for information that I learned that this was not such a good thing.

If I hit a bad shot I was told I did not keep my head down and that I lost my spine angle. When you don't know any better you just follow the advice of people you think know what they are talking about because they are good players or have a PGA credential.

gmbtempe, its my opinion that not releasing your tailbone out of your posture/angles can cause pivot stall.

I think it has a larger bearing on screwing up your impact angles that it does on reducing clubhead speed.

Can you describe what you mean when you say "releasing your tailbone out of your posture/angles"? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.