'Backweighting' clubs - concept any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested to hear thoughts about this as well. Counterbalancing clubs would seem to help mitigate the jackknifing effect on the shaft created by a tug.

Quite refreshing to hear a player endorse something that they actually use...

Jack had his driver backweighted back in the day when it was made of tree. And the only metal was in the shaft:eek:

hp12c

New
Last year some reps from that company that screws weights into the grip end came by and I had them install some weights on my SW, sliced it all over the range no matter what weight was in it . The rep was shocked as I was, as soon as he took the weight off everytime no more slice. So I didnt buy any I dont want to slice the ball anymore thats why I have NSA cure me like no thing else!! But it may work for you, put on 1 club and see what happens.

I personally use a Heavy Putter and it seems to help a lot.

I've spoken to Heavy Putter reps during Golfsmith demo days. And they all say that Ernie Els and Sergio use weighted grips in their irons, driver, etc. No way to confirm that, though. Maybe I'll try this new Secret Grip thing out. The fact that I only have to plunk down $17 to try it out is very attractive.

Last edited:
sergiogarcia472011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.