Ball Position- How Fundamental to a good pivot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty self explanatory guys, If I'm hitting a mid iron with the ball positioned back toward the middle of my stance, we'll say 3-4 inches before my low point (opposite of left shoulder); what effect will this have on my downswing? I tend to hang back after making a good backswing and hit it thin.

When I moved the ball more forward, I noticed a tremendous difference in ballstriking.

Thoughts? I mean its just ball position :eek:

man, my pivot just blows. Good backswing, then my left hip just turns behind me, no shift :-( The problem is that I still can hit the ball well...

man, my pivot just blows. Good backswing, then my left hip just turns behind me, no shift :-( The problem is that I still can hit the ball well...

Might be your pivot on the backswing isn't as good as you think it is. Once I improved my back pivot, it made my thru pivot much easier to execute and my swing and ballstriking improved by leaps and bounds. Gained a lot of power as well.

3JACK

Just curious.......you tried any "Soft Draw" stuff or anything over in the Draw/Hook Side Of The (Ballflight) Matrix...

...?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

Your face is probably open or you have out hand path from the top and need to bail out that left hip to fit the club down in there.

Can I post a video to the site?

I think it would help if maybe you guys had some reference. I know there are rules...what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.