Ball Position Re-Visited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
Where should the ball be positioned in one's stance, with respect to alignment/true path and club selection, in order to produce a straight shot?

And, most importantly, why?

(Let's try to keep this thread under 10 pages.)

Where should the ball be positioned in one's stance, with respect to alignment/true path and club selection, in order to produce a straight shot?

In the location that zeros out the D-Pane for the angle of attack/lean,path and clubface angle at impact for the desired shot distance and trajectory.

:)

As much as my poor brain can get it's head around

In the location that zeros out the D-Pane for the angle of attack/lean,path and clubface angle at impact for the desired shot distance and trajectory.

:)

Yeah, that really clears it up for us.:)

I think there was a post from Brian recently that discussed exact ball position for Soft Draw. You'd think it would vary according to whether you are playing draw, straight shot, or fade, based maximizing chances to work with d-plane (further up in stance for fade?). Also based on each person's capabilities.

Yeah, that really clears it up for us.:)

I think there was a post from Brian recently that discussed exact ball position for Soft Draw. You'd think it would vary according to whether you are playing draw, straight shot, or fade, based maximizing chances to work with d-plane (further up in stance for fade?). Also based on each person's capabilities.

Crystal Clear.
Clear as mud... :)

I'm going with directly below (or slightly behind) the front shoulder joint for shots with the ball on the ground and a ball or two in front of that with the ball on a tee. Why? Because the clubhead will reach its low point when it's directly below the front shoulder joint.

Burner

New

On the target line, in front of the club face sweetspot and behind low point.

The real question is - "now, where are you going to place yourself in relation to the ball?" :confused:

But what about the driver?

I think low point is the easiest position for "zeroing the path" or for overall ease of alignment.

For optimizing launch conditions though, how much more forward and what other adjustments need to be made?

I have tried a constant ball position (ie just inside my left heel) and tried moving it around in the stance.

What is the most used in Manzella teaching? I am making poor contact with my clubs (wedge fat and thin mid irons) so I would like to find out which system is best before I start messing with my swing. I'm really hoping it just a setup issue and not a swing issue.

Thanks

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.