Barclays at Bethpage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who is growing tired of the jerkwads in the gallery every time they have an event there?

ZAP

New
Being a jerk is the new cool thing I guess. I have a feeling I might be embarrassed to be an American they had a Ryder Cup there.

I've worked the Barclays for the past three days... lots of beer being pounded at 9am. Add in a few hours of baking in the sun, IQs hovering around 85, the chance to be heard on tv, zero chance of being thrown out, and the results are evident.

I hate the "mashed potato", "in-da-hole", and "ba-ba-booey" guys more than most; but I've lost all hope. You see, no one cares. When a douche yells the idiots around him laugh. I sat in a tower behind the 13th green for 9 hours today and I heard every variation on the theme. Marshalls laughed, other idiots laughed, etc. The nice older man I worked with listened to me complain about the "in-da-holers" and he said "Meh, it's part of the experience. It doesn't bother me."

I fear that we (the anti-yellers) are in the minority.

A Ryder Cup at Bethpage might be the last Ryder Cup held on US soil.

Am I the only one who is growing tired of the jerkwads in the gallery every time they have an event there?

Tournaments at Bethpage are only watchable with the volume off. The Ryder Cup could never be played there. Horrific, really. Why is it like this?

It kills me that the screaming drunks think people want to listen to their "wit."

Last edited:
As a life long Long Islander, I am embarrassed by the behavior of there idiots! I am afraid that because of their antics, we may never get a Major here again. Where are the State police? Why can't they do what they do at other sporting events? Lock these guys up!

Jimmy

As a life long Long Islander, I am embarrassed by the behavior of these idiots! I am afraid that because of their antics, we may never get a Major here again. Where are the State police? Why can't they do what they do at other sporting events. Lock these guys up!

Jimmy

I've worked the Barclays for the past three days... lots of beer being pounded at 9am. Add in a few hours of baking in the sun, IQs hovering around 85, the chance to be heard on tv, zero chance of being thrown out, and the results are evident.

I hate the "mashed potato", "in-da-hole", and "ba-ba-booey" guys more than most; but I've lost all hope. You see, no one cares. When a douche yells the idiots around him laugh. I sat in a tower behind the 13th green for 9 hours today and I heard every variation on the theme. Marshalls laughed, other idiots laughed, etc. The nice older man I worked with listened to me complain about the "in-da-holers" and he said "Meh, it's part of the experience. It doesn't bother me."

I fear that we (the anti-yellers) are in the minority.

I fear that you are absolutely correct. Even worse: the CBS golf commentators also encourage the idiots as the continually remark on the stupid yelling as if it's the most charming thing in the world.

You build a golf course that good in the middle of longuyisland, open it to the public, you're gonna get a few boys whopping it up. Count on it

Sergio's good play is kind of a surprise considering his past there. It's good to see him overcome it this far rather then pulling a "Monty".

I was there today with my wife. We were watching Rory and Luke on the tee at 17 and heard this knucklehead scream In the Hole right after Rory struck the ball. A guy next to me said " I always wondered what that idiot looked like"

I can understand a spontaneous comment occasionally but this kind of thing is just rude and obnoxious.

On SUNDAY Tiger 3-putts the 13th from the fringe below the cup and a guy says in full dry mode, "that's okay Tiger, you'll make those tomorrow"...

Status
Not open for further replies.