Before and after Never slice again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Long time reader, great forum.

I've been in circles with the swing for who knows how long. Maybe some progress with the NSA turn around the spine pivot.

nsa1.jpg

nsa2.jpg

Looks better but can't say I'm hitting it better.

Here's the whole thing if you'd like to take a look. (before swing)

I know the left arm flying wedge is horribly over rotated but I've tried to change the backswing before and I just can't, unless Bmanz and everyone tells me I absolutely have to.

Thanks!

Emmett

Are you taking reservations for the online lessons? Where do I sign =)

hp12c

New
Big difference in the bfore and after stills nice going, just my 2 cents worth, from what I can see and if you dont want or is really dificult and may take a long time to change the back swing. Extend a little bit more through the ball, after impact dont bend the left arm as soon as you do.

Here's the after swing. I can't really get around the course with it even though I think it looks better. The answer is out there somewhere!

hp12c

New
Here's the after swing. I can't really get around the course with it even though I think it looks better. The answer is out there somewhere!

Hey ef424,
You said cant get arond the course with this backswing, lack of distance direction, both or this swing not fully ingrained and you feel unsure of it? If you want to strike the ball with a little more shaft lean I suggest Bmanz Confessions of a former flipper. I stopped the FO video on :05 right when your about to strike the ball your hands appear to be at just slightly right of midbody with a tiniy bit of shaft lean. Warning! warning! If you purchase COFF and do the drills for awhile you will strike the ball better and you will have to adjust your yardages accordingly. The answer is in COFF, get to it do the work and reap the benefits.

Thanks for the replies.

The before swing is what happens when I turn my brain off and just try to hit the ball. It gets me around in the low 80s and sometimes the high 70s.

But when I look at the impact position it doesn't look like I have the potential to get any better. The second swing seems better but I probably couldn't break 85 with it.

I do have confessions and I like the "wallop the ball with your pivot," but sometimes reading the forum I get the sense that coff is a little dated so I'm a little hesitant to do the increasing lag/ aiming point drills.

hp12c

New
Thanks for the replies.

The before swing is what happens when I turn my brain off and just try to hit the ball. It gets me around in the low 80s and sometimes the high 70s.

But when I look at the impact position it doesn't look like I have the potential to get any better. The second swing seems better but I probably couldn't break 85 with it.

I do have confessions and I like the "wallop the ball with your pivot," but sometimes reading the forum I get the sense that coff is a little dated so I'm a little hesitant to do the increasing lag/ aiming point drills.

Cool, well if lower scores are what you want and dont feel as if the swing is whats holding you back maybe the short game and putting. Did I miss something on COFF being dated, I like that video it helped me with my distance a ton, my 150yd. club used to be my 5 iron and now its my 7 iron and yes that helped lower my scores too, from mid 90's to low 80's. Right now my putting needs work and thats what I'm currently working on gonna break 80 before the summer ends. Good Luck on you journey.

I don't know about COFF but my guess is there are some things that are dated. That being said I bet the info on that video is 100X's better than anything anyone else has. It looks better, but a lot of pretty swings can't hit a lick. My guess is you need a little more time to feel comfortable with the upgrades. It's still a little flippy but much better.

Don't misunderstand, I like COFF and I do own almost all the videos.

It's just that Brian has said he rarely works on coff drills with people and he always talks about how his teaching changes with new ideas.

I just wonder if I had a lesson with Bmanz from 2005 and 2011 would they both point to COFF to help me out.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
No. Your swing is headed in the right direction.

You are a bit flippy but not overly so, if anything I would suggest you simply speed your arms up just a bit and let it rip.

You have made good progress.

hp12c

New
Don't misunderstand, I like COFF and I do own almost all the videos.

It's just that Brian has said he rarely works on coff drills with people and he always talks about how his teaching changes with new ideas.

I just wonder if I had a lesson with Bmanz from 2005 and 2011 would they both point to COFF to help me out.

Good ?, Bmanz is the only one who can answer that ?, But if the videos were lets say not or less relevant today Bmanz would pull them off the website and or redo them and since they are still availble I say they are still are relevant today. Go Bmanz.

footwedge

I like the old swing better, the path is better (more left), and the d.s. pivot i like better. JMO. Go with what works better or what looks better.....hmmmm, let's see?:)

Last edited:
I like the old swing better, the path is better (more left), and the d.s. pivot i like better. JMO. Go with what works better or what looks better.....hmmmm, let's see?:)

What works better......BUT I doubt that OP was happy with his previous move, for whatever reason, and is trying to upgrade. I bet one little tweak will fix it.

footwedge

What works better......BUT I doubt that OP was happy with his previous move, for whatever reason, and is trying to upgrade. I bet one little tweak will fix it.

Is he more happy now? It looks better to some, but it don't work better, is it an upgrade. I think the old swing has better things happening in it and that's why it works better even if it doesn't look nicer to some. JMO.

Last edited:
Even in the after videos you still aren't twisting enough, probably part of the reason you are still a bit flippy

Thanks for taking a look. Twist away in the backswing? Downswing? Both?

I know what you mean. But when I see it on video I can't imagine getting better with this move.

dive.jpg

Just remembered I do have a twistaway swing from the same day. I can see the shut clubface on the backswing. Am I twisting correctly on the downswing? Still looks flippy but I can certainly hit some hooks with this one.

footwedge

Just remembered I do have a twistaway swing from the same day. I can see the shut clubface on the backswing. Am I twisting correctly on the downswing? Still looks flippy but I can certainly hit some hooks with this one.

I like it. Most people should flip it that good.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.